FocusCanada Forums
A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: A Little Foglight Accent Lighting (/showthread.php?tid=1042)

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - drunkinmonkey - 08-11-2009

check it out tell me what you think

[Image: DSC00993.jpg]
[Image: DSC00994.jpg]

got them hooked up to a rocker switch to the back of the cig lighter

and i am totally aware of it being illegal thats why i dont drive with them turned on !!!!!!!!!!!

i put a blue led in each fog light where that litltle blue sticker is...the fog lights are still fully functional

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - meford4u - 08-11-2009

I saw this on a Grand AM passing me on the highway last week.

I could see the blue coming for about 1/2 a KM away. It was an intense light, but as it got closer, man was that light annoying. Just like the brightness of the new police car lights.

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - Frost__2001 - 08-11-2009

yeah I was thinking of doing that with my euro ones as there is a spot for a city light for them.

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - NefCanuck - 08-11-2009

Hrm, as long as the blue isn't at all apparent when the lights are off, you should be okay I guess :unsure:

But since blue is the colour of the lights on a snow removal vehicle, you'll want to be very careful...

NefCanuck

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - drunkinmonkey - 08-11-2009

yea like i said i do not drive with these lights on at all....i have them wired to a rocker switch on my fuse panel.....thought it would be a nice little mod for when parked and to play around with

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - reldridge - 08-12-2009

I guess form > function with this? :)

Looks cool, but I wouldn't do it with my car. Amber maybe...

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - Focus man. Focus. - 08-12-2009

What did you use? A 1.5mm LED in each fog hooked to a resistor in line? That looks really sharp. Abmer for city lights might be a great idea. I am going to have to run to Active Surplus and pick up some more LED's to play around with. I still have some Blue ones left over from when I did my Window and Door Lock switches.

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - drunkinmonkey - 08-12-2009

Focus man, Focus.,Aug 11 2009, 11:26 AM Wrote:What did you use?  A 1.5mm LED in each fog hooked to a resistor in line?  That looks really sharp.  Abmer for city lights might be a great idea.  I am going to have to run to Active Surplus and pick up some more LED's to play around with.  I still have some Blue ones left over from when I did my Window and Door Lock switches.
[right][snapback]292497[/snapback][/right]

its a 5mm led buts off insane amounts of light...amber would look pretty sweet too

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - fatphocus - 08-12-2009

ehhhh not my style id say take them out and put them behind the grilles? would be less "in your face" but a nice subtle touch at night

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - ANTHONYD - 08-12-2009

rice.

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - ZX3_2NV - 08-13-2009

That would like pretty sharp at the car shows other than that its gonna get you in trouble.

A Little Foglight Accent Lighting - drunkinmonkey - 08-13-2009

ZX3_2NV,Aug 12 2009, 10:07 AM Wrote:That would like pretty sharp at the car shows other than that its gonna get you in trouble.
[right][snapback]292565[/snapback][/right]
that what its intended for:D