FocusCanada Forums
New Rims - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New Rims (/showthread.php?tid=10503)

Pages: 1 2

New Rims - Tiketz - 03-16-2006

[Image: Themoneyshot.jpg]

[Image: Testfittingmynewrims.jpg]

[Image: Myrims.jpg]

Will post more pics soon!!!! enjoy for now

:D

New Rims - habmann - 03-16-2006

Need some pics of them on the car.

I like the polished lip tho.

New Rims - euro_zx5 - 03-16-2006

I think they'll look alright... nice choice! Pretty damn unique, that's for sure! When I saw them in ur avatar earlier today, they looked like Porsche (style) rims to me.

Regardless, nice choice! I assume your putting them on asap as your car's not a daily driver? Get some pics of them on ur ride!

New Rims - dBlast - 03-16-2006

I gather that they are a lot wider than 7" wide by placement of that money on the money shot and the stretch of those mounted tires.

New Rims - meford4u - 03-16-2006

those would look good

on my truck

what is that a 10" rim?

New Rims - Focus man. Focus. - 03-16-2006

Those look great. I still have to see you car. I bet they will look excelent once all the tires are on and mounted on your SVT. What is the latest on your transmission? Has Ford gotten back to you yet?

We should hook up some time soon.

New Rims - laidman - 03-16-2006

the lip is too big, I gotta see them on the car for my approval.....pics please!!!!!!!

New Rims - SL8RZZX3 - 03-16-2006

hope you like going straight alot :blink:

i had a lil bit of rub with 7.5 wide rims <_<

hope you've a ton of body work in order to fit those :lol:

Can't wait to see them on though!!!!

New Rims - schade - 03-16-2006

i know someone that is sellings flares that could make those rims work ;)

Well I took some pics of the rims on the car but you gotta love disposible cameras they couldn't get developed, and I don't have a digital camera. :angry:

The rims are 17"-8 front 17"-9 rear I'm going more towards a Euro look so thats why they are wide and with stretched rubber.

I will post pics with them on my car soon as I get the car back from Ford.
TSB work is being fixed :angry:

SL8RZZX3: Im going back to the SVT springs so it should be fine with a little body work. :D

My opinion I love the look B)

New Rims - SL8RZZX3 - 03-16-2006

oh ok i thought they were some thing crazy like 18 x 10

so yeah with some flares or body work they're gonna look sick

New Rims - Focus man. Focus. - 03-16-2006

Tony, I have a digital camera if you want me to come by on the weekend and snap a few pic's. That is if you have your car back from Ford. I will be doing my Speedhut guage install on Saturday so I will be able to pop by afterwards if you want. Just let me know....

Kevin.

New Rims - NefCanuck - 03-16-2006

Wow, those rims will get you over any potholes I've ever seen. Nice :D

NefCanuck

Focus man, Focus.,Mar 15 2006, 08:31 PM Wrote:Tony, I have a digital camera if you want me to come by on the weekend and snap a few pic's.  That is if you have your car back from Ford.  I will be doing my Speedhut guage install on Saturday so I will be able to pop by afterwards if you want.  Just let me know....

Kevin.
[right][snapback]175081[/snapback][/right]

Cool sounds good if ya need help just let me know :)
I hope that its nice weather like last weekend that way I can start working on my car too. :D

New Rims - NOS2Go4Me - 03-16-2006

Stretched... on a Focus.

I'm just going to stop myself and say it's nothing I would have ever expected to see on a Focus. :rolleyes:

New Rims - habmann - 03-17-2006

NOS2Go4Me,Mar 16 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:Stretched... on a Focus.

I'm just going to stop myself and say it's nothing I would have ever expected to see on a Focus.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]175150[/snapback][/right]

Thats prolly for the best Nos.

Its an "interesting" look. But its his car and he seems excited about it so, congrats bud, but we needs pics.

New Rims - nass - 03-17-2006

is there any advantage or disadvantage to these "stretched" tires besides it looking different. It just seems to me that, the rim is really exposed to the road and with our roads that's not a good thing.

I really like the style though and deep dish rims have always been a personal fave of mine.

New Rims - ZX3TUNR - 03-17-2006

I like them. I think you will be fine for rubbing issues. Im running on 18x8 with a 2" drop and have yet to run into problems.

I think the wider tires look super nice on the focus.

New Rims - focusonthis88 - 03-17-2006

Not my style but they do look good.

New Rims - Flofocus - 03-17-2006

[HOMERSIMPSON]mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......deep dish wheels.....mmmmmmmmmmm[/HOMERSIMPSON]