FocusCanada Forums
Updates.... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Updates.... (/showthread.php?tid=10532)

Pages: 1 2

Updates.... - Drivesthebeast - 03-14-2006

Well, my new bumper is painted, and I should get installed, along with my 98 RS edition lower grille finally (having this plastic welded to the foglight baskets), and I just ordered 5 SVT Dark Argent rims this morning....$165 each....not bad for a 17x7" rim eh?

Anyways, once the new bumper is on, and I get a chance to wax the car...again...I will post up some new pics. Now I need to shop around for the best price on the tires that I want.

l8tr!

Updates.... - habmann - 03-14-2006

:postpics:

Sorry had to be said.

Where did you get the rims from? Not a bad price at all.

Updates.... - euro_zx5 - 03-14-2006

Like habmann said! Pics damnit! :D

Updates.... - nass - 03-14-2006

info on the rims!

Updates.... - Drivesthebeast - 03-14-2006

I bought the rims from Northway Lincoln....a Blue Oval dealership on Colbourne Street in downtown Brantford. They gave me a good price on them like that because I was order 5 instead of 4 (wanna have a full-size spare for summer), aswell as I am a good customer and they get good prices from Ford Motorsport directly on certain things.

And ya, I'll get pics of the redone bumper and grille etc once it's installed (doing this in the morning tommorow).

L8tz

Updates.... - dBlast - 03-14-2006

Drivesthebeast,Mar 13 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:I bought the rims from Northway Lincoln....a Blue Oval dealership on Colbourne Street in downtown Brantford.  They gave me a good price on them like that because I was order 5 instead of 4 (wanna have a full-size spare for summer), aswell as I am a good customer and they get good prices from Ford Motorsport directly on certain things.

[right][snapback]174728[/snapback][/right]

If you have a unidirectional tread pattern on your summer tires then you would need 2 full size spares, one for each side.

Updates.... - paolo - 03-14-2006

cant wait to see pics, EH?

Updates.... - nass - 03-14-2006

dBlast,Mar 13 2006, 10:08 PM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Mar 13 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:I bought the rims from Northway Lincoln....a Blue Oval dealership on Colbourne Street in downtown Brantford.  They gave me a good price on them like that because I was order 5 instead of 4 (wanna have a full-size spare for summer), aswell as I am a good customer and they get good prices from Ford Motorsport directly on certain things.

[right][snapback]174728[/snapback][/right]

If you have a unidirectional tread pattern on your summer tires then you would need 2 full size spares, one for each side.
[right][snapback]174733[/snapback][/right]

good point... first dibs on the burn here

Updates.... - Drivesthebeast - 03-28-2006

I just ordered the tires, and the rims already came in for the car this past weekend. They are the SVT Euro's, and the tires are a 215/45 17 Fuzion ZRi...I will see how these are for now, since they are only $168 each installed and balanced, and wait until next year to buy something more expensive. I will get some new pics up once they are on the car....

Updates.... - Focus man. Focus. - 03-28-2006

I have Fuzion ZRi's on my car too. You will find that they pick up everything. I drive down the street and all I can here is small gravel bouncing off the undercarage. They are great tires. The tires have a rim protection lip by the bead. The tires preform excelent in the rain. I am very happy with them.

Updates.... - Drivesthebeast - 04-03-2006

[Image: 2006_0402Image0001.jpg]

[Image: leftquarterdoctored.jpg]

[Image: Argentfrontdoctored.jpg]

Here we go...not the best quality pics ever, but the waether wasn't the best either when these pics were taken...I am really pleased with the overall appearance, and the response of the tires seems pretty good so far...nicely weighted feel to the steering wheel, and less steering input needed to turn. I had a stupid grin on my face while I was driving the car around the last day or so because the car gets noticed by more people now...not sure if this is a good or bad thing...lol

L8tz

Updates.... - euro_zx5 - 04-03-2006

Looks good. I love those wheels!

Updates.... - habmann - 04-03-2006

Those are some nice lookin wheels.

Overall the cars looking good.

Updates.... - NOS2Go4Me - 04-03-2006

I'm not a clear corners guy, but the car looks clean and nicely done! :)

Good job!

Updates.... - FociPhil - 04-04-2006

thats clean...rellay nice looking!

Updates.... - Focus man. Focus. - 04-04-2006

Very nice. I love the wheels.

Updates.... - Frost__2001 - 04-05-2006

hmm I like the rims, how much did they run you ?

Updates.... - paolo - 04-05-2006

Ian, its about time you posted pics. Love the wheelz

Updates.... - nass - 04-06-2006

Frost__2001,Apr 5 2006, 05:18 AM Wrote:hmm I like the rims, how much did they run you ?
[right][snapback]179127[/snapback][/right]

Drivesthebeast,Mar 13 2006, 05:49 PM Wrote:Well, my new bumper is painted, and I should get installed, along with my 98 RS edition lower grille finally (having this plastic welded to the foglight baskets), and I just ordered 5 SVT Dark Argent rims this morning....$165 each....not bad for a 17x7" rim eh?

first post :) these have to be the best rim for any focus! so simple so sexy and no unneeded bling!

Updates.... - PIGEON1 - 04-06-2006

It looks awesome, The MP's must harrass the s*** out of you? I know since I tinted my windows on Sunday they have pulled me over 7 times!!! YOu work at 2 command brigade in headquarter and signals in PET. My brother is at 3RCR (sigs platoon.)