FocusCanada Forums
170 Degree Thermostats - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: 170 Degree Thermostats (/showthread.php?tid=10568)

170 Degree Thermostats - hardk0re - 03-10-2006

Summer is comming, first thing I was going to do is run a ionized water + water wetter and a 170deg thermostat. The ionized water and the water wetter are easy to get at the local auto parts store, but I can't seem to locate a 170 or a 180 deg thermo??

Anybody got any leads on where to get these local? Perferably in the GTA?

170 Degree Thermostats - laidman - 03-10-2006

might be a stupid question, but what is the normal thermostat range. ???

I think normal is 192

170 Degree Thermostats - laidman - 03-10-2006

OH, so anyways hows the S/C Focus running, any issues yet

No issues other than needing to be intercooled, that why I want a cooler thermo, hopefully lower the underhood temps.

170 Degree Thermostats - Flofocus - 03-10-2006

I got mine from Steeda.ca. Only took 2 months to come in!!! :rolleyes:

170 Degree Thermostats - meford4u - 03-10-2006

Holy crap how ironic.

I think I can get you some ionized water for the best price.......FREE

Aaron told me they were giving it away (or trying to) at work and he asked me just yesterday if I knew someone who needed some. If you want it, let me know how much you want and I'll tell him to pick it up ASAP!

170 Degree Thermostats - schade - 03-10-2006

you should be able to pick up the thermostat from PI or even parts source

I've tried PI, basically since anthony left I only get smart ass comments and guys that don't seem to care if they are there or not. Most orders get screwed up. And i've tried them, they have no clue.

With steeda, I don't want to wait several months for it, they over charge, and since they bailed on the dyno day last year I don't feel like putting any money their way. That whole ordeal left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Outside of that I parts source, canadian tire, UAP...they too look at me like I got 3 heads when I ask for this....

Meford:
I could use some of that thar water! I only need enough to do 2-3 fills in my car. 20Liters enough? Too much?

170 Degree Thermostats - schade - 03-10-2006

i'll check at PI here in barrie for ya tomorrow when i go if ya want

170 Degree Thermostats - meford4u - 03-10-2006

hardk0re,Mar 9 2006, 03:55 PM Wrote:I've tried PI, basically since anthony left I only get smart ass comments and guys that don't seem to care if they are there or not.  Most orders get screwed up.  And i've tried them, they have no clue.

With steeda, I don't want to wait several months for it, they over charge, and since they bailed on the dyno day last year I don't feel like putting any money their way.  That whole ordeal left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Outside of that I parts source, canadian tire, UAP...they too look at me like I got 3 heads when I ask for this....

Meford:
I could use some of that thar water!  I only need enough to do 2-3 fills in my car.  20Liters enough?  Too much?
[right][snapback]174155[/snapback][/right]

Beats me. I'll talk to him tonite and see what he can get. You may get more than you bargain for. :lol:

170 Degree Thermostats - euro - 03-11-2006

I'll ask my napa, I'm looking for one too for this summer when I get my Procharger kit. 2 weeks from steeda :rolleyes: was it steeda in Ontario or one in Florida? If you can find it any where look at Focus Central.

170 Degree Thermostats - habmann - 03-11-2006

euro,Mar 10 2006, 06:17 PM Wrote:I'll ask my napa, I'm looking for one too for this summer when I get my Procharger kit. 2 weeks from steeda :rolleyes: was it steeda in Ontario or one in Florida? If you can find it any where look at Focus Central.
[right][snapback]174438[/snapback][/right]

It took meford 2 months not 2 weeks, and Focus Central doesn't exist anymore, so getting one from them isn't an option unless you can find a supplier that has stock still kicking around.

170 Degree Thermostats - meford4u - 03-11-2006

Kev, he has about 6 litres of the water and is bringing it home tonite.

170 Degree Thermostats - euro - 03-16-2006

Focus Central doesn't exit anymore! I didn't know that, I ordered something from them last year and asked it to be sent by US post instead of UPS, they agreed to US post and set it by UPS. The cost difference was $60can in shipping, I e-mailed them and asked what happend, they never replyed, I was pissed. I'm glad they're doing bad!