FocusCanada Forums
Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Baby Seat To Match The Momo's (/showthread.php?tid=10597)

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-08-2006

Ok this weekend I am going to Fabric dye the little ones car seat. The current seat is beige and I want to change it to black. Has anyone done this? Or even dyed fabric. I am also planning on embroidering MOMO into the top of the seat. The little one was jealous after I installed the passenger seat. Time to make her happy.

Here are some photos of the seat before I do anything to it. Hopefully there will be some after photos soon.

[Image: 2193703_31_full.jpg]
[Image: 2193703_32_full.jpg]

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - euro_zx5 - 03-08-2006

Well... it's cheaper than actual recaro or momo look-a-likes.

I say just get the embroidery done (and get'ir done right! the first time), without worrying about the dye. You could be really disappointed in the end.

Add some race patches, and the momo patch, and your set to go! She'll love it! :)

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-08-2006

Patches, I never thought about patches. That is a great idea. Time to search. I think Car Buffs has those right?

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Clutch - 03-09-2006

I want to see some pictures of the final product! I was thinking of putting SIMPSON on the shoulder straps of my little guys!...

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-09-2006

I will deffinately post after photos. I have heard that fabric dye will bleed out of the cloth. I may just have the girlfriends grandmother make a seat cover for it.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - NefCanuck - 03-09-2006

Careful that you don't dye the belts. Dyeing the belts weakens them.

NefCanuck

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-09-2006

I am going to totally remove the cover before doing anything. Not to worry, my daughters saftey comes before style first and formost.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-12-2006

Hey Guy's. I just finished doing the baby seat. I am just outside of algonquin park on a slow dial up connection. So no photos until I get back to the city. But the final product looks great. I used spray on fabric dye from CTC and it went on quite well. The coverage is good. I used a whole can on the 1 seat. I could not find any MOMO patches to stick to the head rest so I bought a set of seat belt pads and cut them down to fit the seat.

It looks excelent and my daughter likes it too.

Photos to follow.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Oscar The Grouch - 03-12-2006

Just make sure the dye isn't anything poisonous. Not sure if they are but if it was my kid, I'd check.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-12-2006

I checked that first. It is automotive fabric dye. Specificaly for carpets and seats. There is no warinings on the can what-so-ever. I take my childs saftey first over anything. Thank you for your concern, but I thought of that first.

I am heading back into the city this afternoon and I will post photo's once I get home.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - Focus man. Focus. - 03-13-2006

Ok I am home and I have photo's. My Daughter loves it. She was so happy to have a seat that is the same as mine and my girlfriend's. Here are the photo's I promised.

[Image: 2193703_33_full.jpg]
[Image: 2193703_34_full.jpg]

Before photo's are back at the top.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - habmann - 03-13-2006

Man that looks pretty good. I like the belt pads, really adds to the racing feel. Hopefully it holds up over the long haul and doesn't bleed on ya.

Baby Seat To Match The Momo's - NefCanuck - 03-14-2006

Focus man, Focus.,Mar 12 2006, 06:39 PM Wrote:Ok I am home and I have photo's.  My Daughter loves it.  She was so happy to have a seat that is the same as mine and my girlfriend's. [right][snapback]174616[/snapback][/right]

Cool B) Now that's the kind of ingenuity that gets a big thumbs up from me :D

NefCanuck