FocusCanada Forums
Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Zoro Muffler To The Rescue (/showthread.php?tid=1068)

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Scorcher000 - 08-07-2009

So as most of you know I've had big problems with my exhaust leaking at the Flex Pipe and Header Flange connection.
Well thats no more and It's F***ing alive again. What a roar come out of the Magnaflow now. Jeez
Heres the pics that I have from the Morning after I repainted the front lip and the fix and the install of the new parts.
Shiny
[Image: DSC01122.jpg]
Bad parts off... That flex does not flex.
[Image: DSC01123.jpg]
Random Pic
[Image: DSC01124.jpg]
Missing something
[Image: DSC01125.jpg]
Welding my new 2.5" Flex that flexes to the 3/4" oval 2 bolt flange
[Image: DSC01126.jpg]
My HighFlow Cat I purchased instead of purchasing there Cat... Deatails below about the parts and Cost.
[Image: DSC01127.jpg]
Bottom of Header
[Image: DSC01128.jpg]
Flex on
[Image: DSC01129.jpg]
Almost done...placing the Cat and Elbow for welding.
[Image: DSC01130.jpg]
Another Random pic
[Image: DSC01131.jpg]
Inside the Cat... I put a light to it earlier and WOW you see right threw it lol.
[Image: DSC01132.jpg]
Pipe explander
[Image: DSC01133.jpg]
Welding the pipes
[Image: DSC01134.jpg]
Finishing
[Image: DSC01136.jpg]
One last thing
[Image: DSC01137.jpg]
The end
[Image: DSC01138.jpg]

Zoro Muffler
Dixie and Stanfield Rd
Great Service and Pricing.
So I needed a;
2.5" 2 bolt oval Flange Thick
2.5" Flex that flexes lol
a 10" piece of pipe for the elbow
High flow Cat for emissions
1.5FT of 2.5"pipe
Clamp
All welded in.
They gave me a price of $480 + Tax
I was like ??$480??... Why??
The Cat alone is $300
What if I have my own CAT? I got a real Magnaflow Highflow Cat for $80 from a company out of London off of Ebay :)
Then drop $300.
Sounds great to me $180+Tax.
Can't complain.
The sound out of the car is amazing now and I can pass emissions for next time without having to worry about it failing.
The power it has regained is like WOW.
Mike I know you want to test it out again and yes you can lol.
I'll try to get a sound clip for you guys.

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Spinal - 08-07-2009

glad you got it fix and you totally read my mind :lol:

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Focus man. Focus. - 08-07-2009

A flex pipe that flexes. Imagine that. :P Nice work they did. Great Job!!!

Now drop that Bitch. :headbang:

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - ZX3_2NV - 08-07-2009

Must sound awsome with the high flow cat in place. You took quite a few pics I guess they don't mind pple standing under cars while there working on them A+ for Safety

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Scorcher000 - 08-07-2009

Yep #1 in Safety...
I was mostly standing right at the bay doors and they didn't seem to mind me taking pics either.
The guy doing my exhaust was a cool guy, jokes alot and tells some good advice and stories.
Also there was a guy with a New M5 2 bays over getting a Catback Borla Exhaust installed and my installer was telling my that the Borla is good for flow but is very know to crack at the joints and bends.
Don't know if it's true but the guy who owned the M5 also has a New SHelby GT500 Mustang all done up running at 620HP to the wheels.
But all this was worth it to have the car run right and sounds wicked.

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - NefCanuck - 08-08-2009

Yeah Zorro is a cool shop (They welded the 3D Carbon muffler extensions on for $50 after I got my kit installed at Dixie and they didn't weld 'em on :()

When I do my exhaust I'm likely to go there as they do custom work and thanks to the wacky setup under my car, if I want anything more than mufflers at this point, I'll be taking a kick to the wallet for a custom setup :blink:

I just I dunno if it's actually worth spending the coin for custom pipes, seeing as how the Fusion is a "fake" dual exhaust anyways (One outlet from the catback which splits on a Y pipe further back)

NefCanuck

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Focus man. Focus. - 08-08-2009

NefCanuck,Aug 7 2009, 10:03 AM Wrote:Yeah Zorro is a cool shop (They welded the 3D Carbon muffler extensions on for $50 after I got my kit installed at Dixie and they didn't weld 'em on :()

When I do my exhaust I'm likely to go there as they do custom work and thanks to the wacky setup under my car, if I want anything more than mufflers at this point, I'll be taking a kick to the wallet for a custom setup :blink:

I just I dunno if it's actually worth spending the coin for custom pipes, seeing as how the Fusion is a "fake" dual exhaust anyways (One outlet from the catback which splits on a Y pipe further back)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]292206[/snapback][/right]

Just do mufflers for more noise. :blink:

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - paolo - 08-10-2009

your setup looks interesting...

header (not sure if its a performance one)
down pipe, flex pipe, hi flow cat, more pipe, performance muffler, then polished tip.

nice.

Zoro Muffler To The Rescue - Scorcher000 - 08-10-2009

It's a 4-1 setup. 1.75" Primaries into a 2.5" collector. It seems very performance to me and thats what gives me my torque.