FocusCanada Forums
30 Led's - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: 30 Led's (/showthread.php?tid=11052)

30 Led's - Slimsride - 02-01-2006

What i bought

Okay ladies..er AND gentlemen. I just ordered 30 of these bad boys today. Now the question is....

What is the best way to hook them up.

Plan:

Under Seats
In the Vents
Under dash
In the speaker grills...

Now, i WOULD like to set them up so one switch does each area, then another switch to turn them all on at once.

does this sound like alot of work for nuttin', or should i just stick to one switch for all?

thanks in advance

30 Led's - NOS2Go4Me - 02-01-2006

Were it me, I'd have the car divided into zones - front of cabin, rear of cabin. one switch for each zone.

But you're you. I'd avoid double wiring... it's two times the wiring to check when something s***s itself.

You're going all-out, and I commend you for that man. WAY more than I'd do.

30 Led's - ANTHONYD - 02-02-2006

Slimsride,Feb 1 2006, 03:32 AM Wrote:What i bought

Okay ladies..er AND gentlemen.  I just ordered 30 of these bad boys today.  Now the question is....

Plan:

nowhere
nowhere
nowhere
nowhere

Now, i WOULD like to set them up so one switch does each area, then another switch to turn them all on at once.

does this sound like alot of work for nuttin', or should i just stick to one switch for all?

thanks in advance
[right][snapback]167828[/snapback][/right]

[Image: 170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg]

I'M KIDDING!!!!!

30 Led's - Oscar The Grouch - 02-02-2006

ANTHONYD,Feb 1 2006, 10:03 AM Wrote:[Image: 170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg]
[right][snapback]167854[/snapback][/right]

Totally agree. Why add more electric s*** that may cause a fire?

30 Led's - ThraxXx - 02-02-2006

I did the LED in the vent thing. I have them wired up to the same switch that kicks on my underdash CCFL's. They are easy to do. If you wanted to have 1 switch to kick on all the LED's and then have other switches for other locations its not really all that much work. Just have the main power coming in to one main switch, then branch off that switch to other switches to control the other areas.

I went another route with mine. I have a relay running off the ACC ON where the moment I turn off my car all my self installed accessories turn off so there is no chance of me accidentally leaving them on and killing the battery. Only downside to this is I can't be cool like the rest of the boys and park my car with my underglow on. On the upside I can start my car without worrying about the bat being dead.

30 Led's - Slimsride - 02-02-2006

ANTHONYD,Feb 1 2006, 08:03 AM Wrote:
Slimsride,Feb 1 2006, 03:32 AM Wrote:What i bought

Okay ladies..er AND gentlemen.  I just ordered 30 of these bad boys today.  Now the question is....

Plan:

nowhere
nowhere
nowhere
nowhere

thanks in advance
[right][snapback]167828[/snapback][/right]

[Image: 170px-FireExtinguisherABC.jpg]

I'M KIDDING!!!!!
[right][snapback]167854[/snapback][/right]

FAWKKKKKKKKKKKING FUNNY....thats is hilarious....bwahhahhahahahhah

30 Led's - ROBSONzts - 02-04-2006

I did the same thing in my car.

It's not too hard, just try fitting under the dash to see what your doin!

In this pic it looks like the vent lights look darker, but its actualy the same.
[Image: 778239_48_full.jpg]