FocusCanada Forums
Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Bosal Flex And Exhaust (/showthread.php?tid=11057)

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus man. Focus. - 02-01-2006

Ok, my bonus is coming and I am thinking of getting all my lights switched to LED's. But I am also thinking of doing my exhaust. I think the Bosal 2.25" flex pipe is a popular choice for the Focus but what about the Bosal stainless exhaust system? I have a connection where I can get a great deal on the complete catback system. Has anyone heard this system? The thing I like about it is that there is a removable baffle in the rear resonator and the tip is changeable with about 10 different styles. Here is a photo of the system.
[Image: 112-162.JPG]

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Casper - 02-01-2006

I think it would come down to just how cheap you can get it. MBRP is popular because its relatively cheap (delivered to my door for about $350 CAD), great quality, and doesn't have the canister muffler like so many imports sport.

Compare specs, power gains, quality comparisons, and ease of install here:

FocalJet Exhaust Shootout

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Slimsride - 02-01-2006

^^

MBRP..awesome product....buy one, you won't be sorry is all i can say

I have one...and i couldn't be happier

$369 taxes in and shipped to my door.

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Slimsride - 02-01-2006

[Image: fartcan.jpg]

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus man. Focus. - 02-01-2006

Slimsride,Feb 1 2006, 04:04 AM Wrote:[Image: fartcan.jpg]
[right][snapback]167831[/snapback][/right]

LMFAO

I didn't realize that MBRP was in Huntsville. My Mom and Dad live up there. I can pick it up. Hmmmm I wonder if I can get a pick up discount, or have it installed?

Decisions, decision.

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - NOS2Go4Me - 02-02-2006

MBRP will schedule an install for you as you need it. Just call the toll-free number and speak with Ed or Jamie.

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus Is Art - 02-02-2006

Focus man, Focus.,Feb 1 2006, 11:32 AM Wrote:I didn't realize that MBRP was in Huntsville.  My Mom and Dad live up there.  I can pick it up.  Hmmmm I wonder if I can get a pick up discount, or have it installed?

Decisions, decision.

They offer free install for pickup customer back in the day, not sure if they still offer it. Do MBRP have the flex now?

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus man. Focus. - 02-03-2006

Well I will be thinking about what I will be getting over the next week or 2. I should be getting my passenger side seat base next week so I can finally install my other seat. After that is in I will be moving on to the exhaust system. I listened to the sound clip in the MBRP Rocks post and I wasn't to excited about the sound. I am still leaning towards the Bosal system only because it has the tuneable "Fart" can, and it is different. I didn't hear that anyone had this system. So time will tell how I made out. Thanks for all the links and pointers. I will keep you informed on what I get in the end.

Kevin.

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Slimsride - 02-03-2006

Focus man, Focus.,Feb 2 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:Well I will be thinking about what I will be getting over the next week or 2.  I should be getting my passenger side seat base next week so I can finally install my other seat.  After that is in I will be moving on to the exhaust system.  I listened to the sound clip in the MBRP Rocks post and I wasn't to excited about the sound.  I am still leaning towards the Bosal system only because it has the tuneable "Fart" can, and it is different.  I didn't hear that anyone had this system.  So time will tell how I made out.  Thanks for all the links and pointers.  I will keep you informed on what I get in the end.

Kevin.
[right][snapback]168153[/snapback][/right]

um...just be sure you use KY Jelly or something like that....dry it may hurt a bit.

BWHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus man. Focus. - 02-03-2006

LOL good catch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus Is Art - 02-04-2006

Butter work well too(I heard). :P

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - yeloZX3 - 02-10-2006

if u can live with the ugly rear section of the exhaust, and get a good deal, go for bosal, it is quiet and good quality!

but, let me tell u, it is really ugly lol (at least in most ppl's point of view)! try search around for some pics!!! =)

bosal flex pipe is good quality piece altho it is not coated, it is stainless steel!!!!

MBRP is good at its price! but, my friend's focus with MBRP itself is almost as loud as my car with race header + universal cat + bosal flex + borla !!! so u get the idea!

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Focus man. Focus. - 02-10-2006

I was leaning that way. I was thinking of going for the Bosal mostly because of the quieter sound levels. As for the Flex. Is that required for the install or is it only optional? Will the system bolt up to the stock flex?

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - yeloZX3 - 02-18-2006

Focus man, Focus.,Feb 10 2006, 07:32 AM Wrote:I was leaning that way.  I was thinking of going for the Bosal mostly because of the quieter sound levels.  As for the Flex.  Is that required for the install or is it only optional?  Will the system bolt up to the stock flex?
[right][snapback]169559[/snapback][/right]

is optional, the exhaust will bolt to your stock flex

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Fingers - 02-20-2006

I didn't want to start a new thread because it's already being addressed in this subject, but the other day the City of Ottawa plowed ice onto my road that I had to drive through to get to my house.

Now umm... in the process... the flex pipe was shredded basically ;) And I now have quite the bucket of s***.

The aftermarket flex pipes (the one foot long peice) -- should I use this opportunity to replace it with a decent unit? What's out there, and at what prices?

I'm not so much interested in performance as I am quality. I don't want my car sounding like s***, and I want durability.

Thanks

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Flofocus - 02-22-2006

Fingers,Feb 19 2006, 11:47 PM Wrote:I didn't want to start a new thread because it's already being addressed in this subject, but the other day the City of Ottawa plowed ice onto my road that I had to drive through to get to my house. 

Now umm... in the process... the flex pipe was shredded basically ;)  And I now have quite the bucket of s***. 

The aftermarket flex pipes (the one foot long peice) -- should I use this opportunity to replace it with a decent unit?  What's out there, and at what prices? 

I'm not so much interested in performance as I am quality.  I don't want my car sounding like s***, and I want durability.

Thanks
[right][snapback]171358[/snapback][/right]

Go with Stock then. Im not sure what you would consider sounding like s***.

I have the 2.5" Trubenz stainless stell flex pipe. No complaints here other than trubendz is 1 hard company to get a hold of...

[Image: DSCF0774.jpg]

Shovel that laneway next time, would have been cheaper. ;)

Bosal Flex And Exhaust - Fingers - 02-23-2006

I ended up getting a local exhaust shop to weld in a new flex peice for $120. Cheaper than a replacement, anyway.

And it wasn't my driveway! It was the entrance to the road. :angry:

Anyway, car sounds quiet agWêÿ2C and I'm happy :D