FocusCanada Forums
Supersize My Van - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Supersize My Van (/showthread.php?tid=11065)

Supersize My Van - 2001 ZTS - 01-31-2006

Once described as being "visible from space" the Sprinter gets bigger once again, in addition to the high roof version there is now a "super high" version:

[Image: newsprinter.jpg]

from left to right: Mercedes-Benz Sprinter double cabin, Panel van extra-long, Crewbus and Panel van short standard.

January 31, 2006

New DaimlerChrysler Sprinter coming in March

Stuttgart, Germany – Eleven years and some 1.3 million units after its debut, the Sprinter, built by DaimlerChrysler under its Mercedes-Benz, Dodge and Freightliner brands, will be replaced with the next-generation model, to be launched at the end of March.

The Sprinter is built in two German factories, with a third assembly facility opening in Charleston, South Carolina for North American deliveries; 28,100 were sold in North American in 2005, a 49 per cent increase over 2004.

The new Sprinter will be available in three wheelbase lengths, four body lengths, a choice of standard, high or the new super-high roof, and with GVW ratings from three to five tons. A new gasoline V6 engine will also be available, in addition to the existing diesel engine. All models will feature electric windows, electronic stability control, keyless remote, driver's airbag, six-speed transmission, infinitely variable driver's seat height adjustment, and wide-angle mirrors; available options will include bi-Xenon headlamps, passenger front airbag, window airbags and electric sliding doors.

Mmmmmm HID's

Supersize My Van - CanadaSVT - 02-01-2006

Looks like one of those vans where the roof can be taken off and used as a boat.

Isn't that the same van as the one a woman drove around Neurbhering, in just over 10 minutes?

Supersize My Van - 02ztsian - 02-01-2006

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.php...240&hl=top+gear
It was a Ford Transit van.

Supersize My Van - 2001 ZTS - 02-01-2006

CanadaSVT,Jan 31 2006, 09:30 AM Wrote:Isn't that the same van as the one a woman drove around Neurbhering, in just over 10 minutes?
[right][snapback]167684[/snapback][/right]

No that was a Ford Transit but same idea. This one could possibly break that record as it has either:

The new Sprinter features engines up to 258 hp (190 kW) based on the Mercedes-Benz M272 3.5 liter gasoline V6, load ADAPTIVE ESP® with extended functionality for all models, hill start assist (HSA), a new Mercedes-Benz V6 diesel engine based on the OM642 3.0 liter V6 turbodiesel with 184 hp (135 kW) and 295 lb-ft of torque,

The biggest version apparantly has 17m^3 of cargo room. That is 17,000 litres.

For a comparison a Focus wagon is 1062 litres and a sedan trunk 365.

[Image: newsprinter_02.jpg]

Supersize My Van - Oscar The Grouch - 02-01-2006

Designed for the biggest of soccer moms out there.

Supersize My Van - darkpuppet - 02-01-2006

what? they weren't rolling over at a high enough rate as it is?

Actually I got cut off by one on the QEW heading to niagara falls last week. He just couldn't wait to get to the Grimsby exit.

Supersize My Van - Crazirich - 02-01-2006

Prbably heading to Grimsby Chrysler to get bigger sway bars.. Those things needs these

[Image: CTSSkidCar3.jpg]

Supersize My Van - ANTHONYD - 02-01-2006

I like it.....

Camping would be a hoot in one of those.

Supersize My Van - Casper - 02-01-2006

There's a few running around here as mini tour busses.

Supersize My Van - crazikev - 02-02-2006

mid life crisis mobile?

Supersize My Van - Frost__2001 - 02-02-2006

hmm I like the new styling, it looks good, can't wait to see a few over here. lol I recommened my brother-in-law get one of the 15 passenger ones as he now has 4 kids and my sister and him are thinking of one more :blink: