FocusCanada Forums
Question About Installing Mach Hid - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Question About Installing Mach Hid (/showthread.php?tid=11140)

Question About Installing Mach Hid - yeloZX3 - 01-25-2006

hi guys, i have a question, Ford quoted me the jumper harness, part number YS4Z-13A006-CA for $90 for a piece :blink: that's very expensive in my opinion because it will be $180 for both side and I will still need to get other parts from VW dealer. So the price for the wiring itself will be $200+

So is there other ways to get the wiring harness done cheaper?

Question About Installing Mach Hid - SL8RZZX3 - 01-25-2006

it's the same piece that is in the stock headlights....(square plug on the back of the headlight with 3 wires that run inside the headlight to the H4 bulb "socket")

So if you can get your hands on some cheap then go that way.

or go to the wreckers and rip 'em out and stick them in you pocket ;)

Did you look into the Ford Racing harness that has the DRL funtion built in?

read the "Retro Vision" article in the FALL 2004 issue of focus fanatic magazine

not sure if it's avalable seperate from the HID kit, but might be worth looking into

Question About Installing Mach Hid - Black_ZTS - 01-25-2006

SL8RZZX3,Jan 24 2006, 06:02 PM Wrote:Did you look into the Ford Racing harness that has the DRL funtion built in?

read the "Retro Vision" article in the FALL 2004 issue of focus fanatic magazine

not sure if it's avalable seperate from the HID kit, but might be worth looking into
[right][snapback]166817[/snapback][/right]

Willie..I have that issue of focus fantic at home, if you need it just come by my home and get it.

i've already asked ford racing, and they said the wiring harness cannot be bought separatly~~

Question About Installing Mach Hid - guilty - 01-25-2006

That is terribly expensive, considering when I bought that part the Ford price was under $15 each. That was before they realized that everyone was buying them to retro-fit the HID headlights (which were only available on the Mach audio sedan at that point). See if you can find a wrecker with a front-end damaged Focus with broken headlights and yank the harnesses off them, that would be the cheapest way.

yeloZX3,Jan 24 2006, 06:19 PM Wrote:i've already asked ford racing, and they said the wiring harness cannot be bought separatly~~
[right][snapback]166845[/snapback][/right]

ok then your cheapest bet is the VW plugs and wires + the stock headlight inner harnesses

i have it done this way and have had no problems

OR just wire them direct with the VW harness if you think you don't want to go back, but i like having it "plug and play" myself

congrates on the ebay win!

if you want you can come over and we can hook them up on my car and make sure they're 100% before you fork out the dough on the ford harnesses

i may just wire them direct to the factory harness without that plug (i won't cut the whole wire, i'll just cut the outer plastic tube of the wire if u know what i mean :P )

ya thanks for the offer SL8RZZX3, i'll contact u if i want to test them before installing them =)