FocusCanada Forums
Thermostat - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Thermostat (/showthread.php?tid=11242)

Thermostat - ThraxXx - 01-17-2006

Exactly how the description states...where is the bloody thing and how hard is it to change. I think mine is basically stuck in the open position because I can leave my car warm up for 15 to 20 minutes in the morning and the needle on the temp guage never goes up. When I am driving the needle starts to move a bit but never gets off the first box (before the arking normal line). When you come to a stop..the needle just drops back down at a pretty quick rate. There is next to no heat coming out of the vents. I need to get this fixed.

Any help on what part number I should get for the thermostat and any how-to's on how to swap it out would be greatly apreciated.

Thermostat - habmann - 01-17-2006

I would also appreciate some help, altho mines not as bad as what thraxXx describes my car doesn't heat up that much either.

Is this something that i could do in the winter or is it an involved sorta fix?

Thanx guys

Thermostat - schade - 01-17-2006

its located just infront of the coil packs, attached to the side of the cylinder head ... theres a rad hose connected to the housing

Thermostat - Slimsride - 01-17-2006

This is the best i could find ....hope it helps

Thermostat

Thermostat - ThraxXx - 01-18-2006

Ok...I am gonna contact the FORD dealership before I tackle this project just to make sure that it won't void my warranty. I am not sure if the thermostat is covered under it and if it isn't then there is no way I am letting those monkeys charge me $80 to install a $10 part.