FocusCanada Forums
Duratec Exhaust - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Duratec Exhaust (/showthread.php?tid=11289)

Duratec Exhaust - ZX5focused - 01-13-2006

will the zetec mbrp work on a 2.0L duratec??
im pretty sure i remember someone saying it wont.

Duratec Exhaust - Slimsride - 01-13-2006

^^ Don't know but i do know however, I'M ORDERING MY MBRP EXHAUST TODAY....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Duratec Exhaust - torradan - 01-13-2006

No, a Zetec exhaust won't work on a Duratec. The motors are configured differently.. Zetec has exhaust in the front, Duratec in the rear.

Duratec Exhaust - NOS2Go4Me - 01-13-2006

Just call MBRP. The worst case scenario is that they get you to measure from a certain point up to the cat, and they compare that to the Zetec/SPI. Either they'll custom fab a longer piece of the exhaust, or a shorter piece leading to the cat.

From what I'm told the exhaust routing, aside from the obvious engine difference, is all the same under the car as they're mechanically very similar.

Duratec Exhaust - Flofocus - 01-14-2006

no it wont

Duratec Exhaust - NOS2Go4Me - 01-14-2006

*grumbles*

I JUST spoke with Ed personally at MBRP. He says he's more than happy to take calls / orders from anyone with a 05+ Duratec Focus to arrange for an install in Huntsville.

He says, and I quote: "There have been no major fitment issues that we are aware of with the 05s. 99% of everything we're hearing is that it bolts up properly. Of course, we're happy to arrange an install appointment to completely determine whether there is a problem or not."

Now, you're in Windsor, so that's a 5 hour drive. I really, truly believe if you were to ask them about measuring a length of pipe as needed, they would custom-cut stuff to size for you... it may just be like the hatch / sedan setup where you need to add a few inches to a sedan install of a hatch exhaust, or remove a few inches at the tail on a hatch install of a sedan exhaust.

Duratec Exhaust - ZX5focused - 01-14-2006

its not for me

theres a guy on my local board who is looking to get rid of one and on eof the guys has hte duratec, he was jsut wonderingn if they would work together or not.

Duratec Exhaust - Flofocus - 01-14-2006

ZX5focused,Jan 13 2006, 11:28 AM Wrote:its not for me

theres a guy on my local board who is looking to get rid of one and on eof the guys has hte duratec, he was jsut wonderingn if they would work together or not.
[right][snapback]164905[/snapback][/right]

Depending on engine code, they may or may not fit. Im not sure which one is which though since I dont really care for the 05's. :P

http://members.cox.net/duratecparts/

Duratec Exhaust - ZX5focused - 01-14-2006

you know what it is, i think the duratec have a second Cat. thats why it might not work.

Duratec Exhaust - Phantom - 01-18-2006

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...12&pagenumber=1

Here's the link to FF people on there say it can work but it deletes the 2nd cat, although there is a workaround to make it work with the 2nd cat.

Duratec Exhaust - 05blackzx5 - 01-23-2006

its so much easier just to get a custom stainless steel exhaust made for the duratecs thats what i did and i couldnt be happier with how it turned out
ps i used a magnaflow muffler