FocusCanada Forums
Fog Lights - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Fog Lights (/showthread.php?tid=11307)

Fog Lights - 05blackzx5 - 01-12-2006

i need people to post pics of their foglights
i want new fogs cuz mine r flaking the chrome off on the inside
does anyone have led or hid fogs???? :(

Fog Lights - euro_zx5 - 01-12-2006

And you've got an 05? Get'em replaced under warranty then... and after that, then worry about replacing them with better ones. At least you could sell them.

Fog Lights - smith21 - 01-12-2006

euro's got a point, get the replaced, then if you REALLY don't like them, sell em to cover a portion of a new set

Fog Lights - Frost__2001 - 01-12-2006

I don't think there are many choices out there for foglights for an 05 yet, though I could be wrong.

Umm if anything I'd like to borrow one to try something ( to see if they fit into the 2002+ facelift bumper ) if they fit then you have a few choices.

Fog Lights - Slimsride - 01-12-2006

Frost__2001,Jan 11 2006, 06:12 PM Wrote:I don't think there are many choices out there for foglights for an 05 yet, though I could be wrong.

Umm if anything I'd like to borrow one to try something ( to see if they fit into the 2002+ facelift bumper ) if they fit then you have a few choices.
[right][snapback]164621[/snapback][/right]

THERE YA GO....MY FOGLIGHT...PRETTY HUH...

[Image: Picture028.jpg]

Fog Lights - NefCanuck - 01-12-2006

Slimsride,Jan 11 2006, 08:35 PM Wrote:THERE YA GO....MY FOGLIGHT...PRETTY HUH...

[Image: Picture028.jpg]
[right][snapback]164637[/snapback][/right]

What did you use to paint that? If theres one thing on my '05 front end that I dispise it's the black plastic surround on the foglights, it looks so damn cheap 'cause it never stays black for long after its washed <_<

NefCanuck

Fog Lights - Slimsride - 01-12-2006

^^

I went to the local paint shop with my paint code, and they matched it perfectly. They did use AUTOMOTIVE paint too. I was extremely happy with the results. Notice the center grill and my mirrors...did those as well.

I removed the cover, sanded it down and scuffed it up a bit, gave it like 3 coats of primer (grey automotive primer) and about 4 light coats of paint...let dry, re-install, and look cool.

Fog Lights - NefCanuck - 01-12-2006

Slimsride,Jan 11 2006, 08:54 PM Wrote:^^

I went to the local paint shop with my paint code, and they matched it perfectly.  They did use AUTOMOTIVE paint too.  I was extremely happy with the results.  Notice the center grill and my mirrors...did those as well.

I removed the cover, sanded it down and scuffed it up a bit, gave it like 3 coats of primer (grey automotive primer) and about 4 light coats of paint...let dry, re-install, and look cool.
[right][snapback]164640[/snapback][/right]

I see, I see.... problem in my case is a really doubt they'd look good done up in the Sangria Red that the car is. Maybe painting them a true black or getting blacks with some reflective flakes mixed in...

NefCanuck