FocusCanada Forums
Rear Discs Arrived - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Rear Discs Arrived (/showthread.php?tid=11514)

Rear Discs Arrived - Festive_Zombie - 12-21-2005

So got the rear end I ordered from an 04 SVT. The discs have barely any wear (except dirt and rust). Way cheaper then buying all the parts seperate.

[Image: IMG_00030.jpg]
[Image: IMG_000202.jpg]

And with my 13" front and 4 piston calipers it should go well on the track this summer.

[Image: IMG_0028.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0027.jpg]

Rear Discs Arrived - schade - 12-21-2005

awesome BBk ... post up pics of the rest of the parts to it please .. i'm interested in it.

you just gonna drop the whole svt rear end in? or just do the swap?

schade,Dec 20 2005, 10:39 PM Wrote:awesome BBk ... post up pics of the rest of the parts to it please .. i'm interested in it.

you just gonna drop the whole svt rear end in? or just do the swap?
[right][snapback]161886[/snapback][/right]

I'll take pics of the whole process, I'm gonna drop the whole thing minus the springs and struts since i have a 2" drop. But the SVT swaybar will be a welcomed addition, and the better bushings. I have to find a proportioning valve, and that is about it.

Rear Discs Arrived - Focus Is Art - 12-21-2005

Nice, quick question how much it cost you?

Focus Is Art,Dec 20 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:Nice, quick question how much it cost you?
[right][snapback]161891[/snapback][/right]

1000$ Shipped with taxes :)

The front 4 pot calipers were about the same with 4 X 13" disk

Rear Discs Arrived - SVT ZX3 - 12-22-2005

Rears are nice, but the fronts are awsome!!!!

Rear Discs Arrived - Festive_Zombie - 12-22-2005

SVT ZX3,Dec 21 2005, 07:18 AM Wrote:Rears are nice, but the fronts are awsome!!!!
[right][snapback]161910[/snapback][/right]

Thinking of leaving the rear standard calipers utilized only for the ebrake and modify the attachement plate to allow install of of a 4 piston calipers.

Good place to buy used brembos for decent price.

http://www.911pcar.com/Porsche_Parts/porsc...arts_brakes.htm

Rear Discs Arrived - microbunny - 12-22-2005

dont let andrew see the prodrive shizzy..

he'll go loony

Rear Discs Arrived - Flofocus - 12-23-2005

Is that all required to change the front? 13" discs/pads and prodrive calipers?

And where did you get them?....prodrive website doesnt give much info....

Rear Discs Arrived - Festive_Zombie - 12-23-2005

Flofocus,Dec 22 2005, 10:20 AM Wrote:Is that all required to change the front?  13" discs/pads and prodrive calipers?

And where did you get them?....prodrive website doesnt give much info....
[right][snapback]162030[/snapback][/right]

All that is required if you go rear disk is to upgrade the front, you still want to have better braking power up front. I have the SVT rear so the SVT front would be the norm.

I had bought the prodrive from a friend in the US who has a WRC Impreza built by Prodrive. They had only done a couple of rallyes. And got them for cheap. You would have to call prodrive to buy them new. And I think they are 3900$ a piece...

The best I can recomend is to buy used of Ebay, race shops or salvage yards. :)

Rear Discs Arrived - P-51 - 12-23-2005

Well, I see you got the parking brake cables too... that's good. I was gonna say you need to get them.

I was the first person ever to do a rear disk swap.

As for those fronts, two questions:

How are you going to mount them? Have you analysed the disk hat depth for proper balljoint and wheel clearance? Did you analyse the piston size to make sure you're master cylinder can handle it?

Oops, that's 3. They're sweet, just curious if you did your homework.

Many a BBK are all fuckered up because people don't know the basics and thing you can just buy a big caliper and bolt it on.

Woah, those things are radial mount. Good luck with that. Hope you're friends with a machinist. ;)

Rear Discs Arrived - ANTHONYD - 12-24-2005

Definately the easiest way to do the swap.

Nice buy.
As for those front brakes.....*drool*

Rear Discs Arrived - Festive_Zombie - 12-24-2005

P-51,Dec 23 2005, 06: Wrote:Well, I see you got the parking brake cables too... that's good.  I was gonna say you need to get them.

I was the first person ever to do a rear disk swap.

As for those fronts, two questions:

How are you going to mount them?  Have you analysed the disk hat depth for proper balljoint and wheel clearance?  Did you analyse the piston size to make sure you're master cylinder can handle it?

Oops, that's 3.  They're sweet, just curious if you did your homework.

Many a BBK are all fuckered up because people don't know the basics and thing you can just buy a big caliper and bolt it on.

Woah, those things are radial mount.  Good luck with that.  Hope you're friends with a machinist. ;)
[right][snapback]162110[/snapback][/right]

I'm getting a set of the focus RS knuckles, which should work. I have a couple different hat that have different depth. So i'm set for that. I have a really good relationship with my local machine shop. They already know and told me not to worry and even if I don't have the proper hat they can build them on their CNC machine.

As for the master cylinder, there might be a problem its barely enough... So I might have to upgrade and called AP Racing and they have the right size.

Thanks for all you info.

Alex

Rear Discs Arrived - 05blackzx5 - 12-25-2005

damn with those on your car ur gonna get whiplash everytime u tap the brake lol

looks damn sweet though

Rear Discs Arrived - NOS2Go4Me - 12-29-2005

That's hot man. Love the upgrade path you took! I hope it all works!