FocusCanada Forums
One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... (/showthread.php?tid=11567)

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - hardk0re - 12-16-2005

On a focus that is....

[Image: water1.jpg]
[Image: turbo4.jpg]
[Image: turbo3.jpg]
[Image: turbo2.jpg]
[Image: turbo1.jpg]

[Image: man3.jpg]
[Image: man2.jpg]
[Image: man1.jpg]
[Image: intercooler1.jpg]

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - Flofocus - 12-16-2005

Thats is very clean but like DP was mentioning to me, that piping is only tacked right now, still none the less....very sexy.

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - ANTHONYD - 12-16-2005

VERY nice!

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - SVT ZX3 - 12-16-2005

Schweeet!

I didn't think those were finished welds.

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - hardk0re - 12-16-2005

Yeah it doesn't look finished but when its all done its going to look real clean.

A nice touch is the stepped stainless 90 degree bend going ot the throttle body. Most would have just used a 90 degree silicone coupler :P

I saw that too.

Nicely done.

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - NOS2Go4Me - 12-17-2005

I'm gonna take on the boo-birds for this, but WTF with the exhaust pipe routing?

It just looks way too complicated... and obviously the battery and other stuff was removed / relocated.

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - hardk0re - 12-17-2005

The header may look complicated but having equal runner lengths is the correct way to do things. The stepping is also quite mild, so its all good.

Yeah relocating the battery is an easy move and gives sooo much more room for a nice setup. Why spend hours figureing out how to route stuff when its at most $90 for a battery relocation kit.

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - NOS2Go4Me - 12-17-2005

I agree completely with the battery relocation as a handling upgrade / improvement, but I totally zoned on equal length being good for F/I. Meesa N/A guy, didn't know that :P

I'm sure it will haul ass.

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - schade - 12-17-2005

that is probably one of the best locations for the turbo .. get it out in the open instead of trying to cram it all between the block and the rad.

that pretty close to where its mounted in the wrc focus if my memory serves me right ..

whos car is that?

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - Festive_Zombie - 12-17-2005

[Image: engine1_hi.jpg]
You memory is pretty good. :rolleyes:

One Of The Nicest Turbo Setups I've Seen... - Crazirich - 12-18-2005

^^^ i had thought the same thing, its just a bit lower

very clean job.. i love stainless... its time to POLISH lol j/k that would take forever