FocusCanada Forums
Need Help Gettin'er Naked - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Need Help Gettin'er Naked (/showthread.php?tid=11605)

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - brucktown - 12-14-2005

Ok so i finally decdied to take off my body kit for the winter..........but the front lip is riveted on at the sides........

how can i get the rivets off?

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - OAC_Sparky - 12-14-2005

brucktown,Dec 13 2005, 05:56 PM Wrote:Ok so i finally decdied to take off my body kit for the winter..........but the front lip is riveted on at the sides........

how can i get the rivets off?
[right][snapback]160746[/snapback][/right]
Gotta drill the rivets out.

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - focusonthis88 - 12-14-2005

Get a crappy car for winter!!! solves alot of problem!

theres no other way? like a rivet remover tool or something like that?

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - schade - 12-14-2005

the rivot remover tool is a drill bit .. you just drill out the little center section of the rivot head and it'll come loose .. so your gonna be left with a hole in your bumber where the rivots were located.

why not just get a set of stock springs and throw them in the car for the winter

schade,Dec 14 2005, 01:00 AM Wrote:the rivot remover tool is a drill bit .. you just drill out the little center section of the rivot head and it'll come loose .. so your gonna be left with a hole in your bumber where the rivots were located.

why not just get a set of stock springs and throw them in the car for the winter
[right][snapback]160771[/snapback][/right]

well i don't still have the spring and i don't feel like spending the money.......and i am worried that a chunk of wheel wedge ice build up that has fallen off another car is going to break my front lip off.........plus all it is is 4 rivets

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - ANTHONYD - 12-15-2005

dremel the rivet heads.

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - NOS2Go4Me - 12-15-2005

I second the factory springs... the holes will either get larger or more numerous next year.

Just jack it up, add the factory rims, and have a blast!

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - meford4u - 12-15-2005

Or spend $500 or less and get a beater for the winter like everyone else who has a modded Foci and a body kit.

Or steal mom's car.

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - NOS2Go4Me - 12-15-2005

meford4u,Dec 14 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:Or steal Meford's truck.
[right][snapback]160858[/snapback][/right]

What a generous guy!

Need Help Gettin'er Naked - 02ztsian - 12-15-2005

brucktown,Dec 13 2005, 09:52 PM Wrote:
schade,Dec 14 2005, 01:00 AM Wrote:the rivot remover tool is a drill bit .. you just drill out the little center section of the rivot head and it'll come loose .. so your gonna be left with a hole in your bumber where the rivots were located.

[right][snapback]160771[/snapback][/right]

well i don't still have the spring and i don't feel like spending the money.......and i am worried that a chunk of wheel wedge ice build up that has fallen off another car is going to break my front lip off.........plus all it is is 4 rivets
[right][snapback]160815[/snapback][/right]
I'll send you a free set of stock springs from my ZTS, shipping only. PM me if interested.