FocusCanada Forums
Factory Head In A 2003 Se - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Factory Head In A 2003 Se (/showthread.php?tid=11873)

Factory Head In A 2003 Se - tclark - 11-23-2005

Can some one tell me if the factory head in the 2003 SE has RCA pre outs.

Factory Head In A 2003 Se - smith21 - 11-23-2005

no, i don't believe it does..you'd have to pick up a box from a place that works with car audio, they'll know what your talking about. It's around 20$ and you wire it into your speaker wires

Factory Head In A 2003 Se - tclark - 11-23-2005

smith21,Nov 23 2005, 02:37 AM Wrote:no, i don't believe it does..you'd have to pick up a box from a place that works with car audio, they'll know what your talking about. It's around 20$ and you wire it into your speaker wires
[right][snapback]157154[/snapback][/right]

Factory Head In A 2003 Se - habmann - 11-23-2005

I don't think the base cd player has RCA outs. If you're looking to add an amp to your stock setup, look to get an amp with line-level inputs. That will allow you to use the rear speakers, or front speakers for that matter to provide inputs into the amp.

Factory Head In A 2003 Se - microbunny - 11-23-2005

Yeah, none of the factory headunits has them except the sony edition focus. but then that is an aftermarket deck anyhow...

Buy yourself a new aftermarket headunit and scrap the oem s**t

Factory Head In A 2003 Se - paolo - 11-25-2005

use a Line Level converter instead of an amp with line-inputs, so once you get your sysetm installed and you realize the decks underpowered for your needs, you simply swap in a aftermarket HU and save yourself hours on end without the need to re-wire. PRE-WIRING = GOOD, JUST DO IT IT SAVES EVERYBODY TIME AND FUSTRATION