FocusCanada Forums
Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? (/showthread.php?tid=12058)

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - NOS2Go4Me - 11-11-2005

Does this remind anyone else of the new Focus front end?

[Image: 1031200512210347.jpg]

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - Drivesthebeast - 11-11-2005

Has headlights A-LA-Echo, and a front bumper and lower grille A-LA-Focus...Hyundai is bad for this now too, but in retrospect...why pay the money for a car like an Accord, when you can buy a V6 Sonota that looks like one, for a LOT less...

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - Raine - 11-11-2005

Drivesthebeast,Nov 10 2005, 12:08 PM Wrote:Has headlights A-LA-Echo, and a front bumper and lower grille A-LA-Focus...Hyundai is bad for this now too, but in retrospect...why pay the money for a car like an Accord, when you can buy a V6 Sonota that looks like one, for a LOT less...
[right][snapback]154849[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Plus the KIA's have that whole 10 yr warranty thing available... hard deal to beat.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - Oscar The Grouch - 11-11-2005

Kinda repost. I'm too lazy to bring up the link.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - ANTHONYD - 11-11-2005

looks like an Echo,

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - 2001 ZTS - 11-11-2005

Punch into a computer the following paramenters:

4 wheels
4 doors
4 or 5 passengers
trunk
length = x
width= y
drag co-efficient=z

and every manufacturer will come up with the same look.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - SVT ZX3 - 11-11-2005

Welcome to the swamp......AAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE. Reminds me of the new Accent, oh wait, it IS the new Accent.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - ZTWsquared - 11-11-2005

The more vehicles they can make off a single platform, the cheaper they all become to manufacture - it's called badge engineering.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - Frost__2001 - 11-11-2005

Personally I think they look like the Ford Ikon, or a clone of them.

here is a link to the Ford Ikon

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - microbunny - 11-11-2005

It's new, cheap, and affordable....who cares...I'd drive it~

I saw the hatch version the other day and crunched numbers...it truly can be had for under 12G's....Rio5 is suprisingly nice!

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - SVT ZX3 - 11-11-2005

ZTWsquared,Nov 10 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:The more vehicles they can make off a single platform, the cheaper they all become to manufacture - it's called badge engineering.
[right][snapback]154899[/snapback][/right]

Nobody can beat the king at that game aka General (generic) Motors.... :D
Able to squeaze out no less than 5 brand vehicles from a single platform!

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - svt_rodg - 11-11-2005

i saw a car the other day that looked like an sti, think it was a kia as well.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - guilty - 11-11-2005

svt_rodg,Nov 10 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:i saw a car the other day that looked like an sti, think it was a kia as well.
[right][snapback]154959[/snapback][/right]

Kia has an appearance package that includes a non functional hood scoop and a rear wing.. makes it look like a mini WRX, only the engine is the same as the stock Kia Rio.

The Korean car manufacturers are improving a lot, but you can really tell where they are cutting the costs.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - 2001 ZTS - 11-11-2005

"The sporty Rio runs the regular 71kW 1.5-litre engine and takes 15 seconds to go from 0-100km/h.

By comparison, the $55,130 four-wheel-drive turbo WRX STi that it mimics has 195kW and can dash from 0-100km/h in 5.5 seconds."

It was sold here a couple year's back as the "sport pac Rio Sedan" the quote is from the link below which I believe is an Aussi car mag.

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_pa...5E21825,00.html

The next funniest car after the Kia is the Mitsu Ralliart Lancer.

Does Kia Do Anything Original!?!?!? - Drivesthebeast - 11-12-2005

Drove my buddies Santa Fe today...not bad...steers and corners like a car, has a somewhat peppy engine (2.0 Beta from Tiburon) when mated to the 5-speed. It's rather big....and the plastics and whatnot inside look cheap...and the accents inside are overdone like other asian vehicles too. Umm sorry about changing the subject a bit...it's an ok vehicle, but I'd still take a Ford Escape XLT V6 over it hands down...