FocusCanada Forums
Brakes Or Wheelbearings - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Brakes Or Wheelbearings (/showthread.php?tid=12171)

Pages: 1 2

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - scoobasteve - 11-04-2005

Hey guys....

The Svt is making some wierd nosies seems that theres a slight grinding coming from the wheel. which wheel yet... not too sure.

I've come to the conclusion its one of three things...

Wheel Bearings

Sticking caliper

Warped rotor.

Symptoms: low speed crusing. i feel a slight grinding in the wheel. and hear a rubbing noise coming from outside the car.... if i tap the brakes. the sound goes away for a few seconds then comes back... at highway speeds i dont really feel anything.

oh yeah, the wheel doesnt vibrate while braking so that may rule out warped rotor

brakes were changed 15k ago. and from what i can see the pads are fine.... and its also not a metal on metal type of grinding.

any ideas?

tonight i'm going to jack up the car when i get home from work and spin each of the wheels hopefully i can find the cause.

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - Flofocus - 11-04-2005

My wheel bearing was replaced last week. My symptoms were a thud noise whenever the wheels were truning.....didnt matter what speed/breaking, etc....the noise was always there.

if its the wheel bearing i'm gonna flip the damn out at dixie ford...

last 3 times the car was there i said wheel bearing

theyre like... no...

especially since the car is out of warranty.

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - brucktown - 11-04-2005

my car was doin the same thing, i got new brakes and it was fine ,they said my calipers had seized on one of the brakes........check the break pad, see how much is left

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - Kool_ZX3 - 11-04-2005

Could be a bearing but sounds like brakes rubbing really.

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - SVT ZX3 - 11-04-2005

Steve, I know you said your gonna sell it @ 90,000km's. I just hope for you that it makes it that far. Damn, your car is cursed. What's the build number anyways? Hopefully mine wasn't made anywhere near yours.

499/2173...

i was going to wait till feb when i move. but now i'm waiting. damn. i really dont wanna pull down my brakes this weekend.

If yah need brakes yah should all go to napa and get thier new ceramix line

I certainly hope it doesnt need brakes....

I just put EBC greenstuff on all 4 corners 3 months ago

Must be a wheel bearing then, when yah jack it up check for play in the wheel, if there is more then likely it's a bearing, unless something else is loose.

Yeah, the only thing stopping me from thinking its the bearing is that when i tap the brake. the noise stops for 3 or 4 seconds after the pedal is released....

I hope its just some dirt or something. that i can solve with a bit of brake cleaner.

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - SVT ZX3 - 11-04-2005

Maybe this?

TSB 03-20-2: Suspension Creaking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This applies to all Foci produced from 2000 to 2003. I'll assume it's also a *possible* issue on SVT models:

SUSPENSION - Creaking, crunching, grinding or rattle noise from front suspension at slow speeds over bumps and/or while turning

NOISE - Creaking, crunching, grinding or rattle noise from front suspension at slow speeds over bumps and/or while turning

Article Application: Supercedes TSB 03-15-3

I dont think it would be the suspension. because it happens when the car is going in a straight line. bumps dont effect it.

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - scoobasteve - 11-05-2005

turned out to be a broken stud....Must have been built ford tough strange how the lugnut was still there...

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - NOS2Go4Me - 11-05-2005

Dang, at least that's all it was. How many KMs? 75,000? Or closer to your sig?

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - SVT ZX3 - 11-05-2005

Must have broke teh stud wit all dat p0wah yo!1!1!!!!

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - Flofocus - 11-05-2005

SPV 4 life. :ph34r:

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - scoobasteve - 11-05-2005

also i had the rotors turned... due to a slight rubbing issue.

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - NOS2Go4Me - 11-05-2005

"The rotars were contacting the break peds... so we dun turned em" :rofl:

Brakes Or Wheelbearings - paolo - 11-05-2005

Ford SRT

Special
Recall
Team