FocusCanada Forums
Fuel Filter - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Fuel Filter (/showthread.php?tid=12183)

Fuel Filter - cornflakes - 11-03-2005

Do you guys change your fuel filter every 10,000 KM? I saw on the box it says that it is important to change it every 10K (or around)....but i never hear about anyone talk about the fuel filter or changing it so regularly?

Is it easy to remove and install yourself?

oops sorry.....is fuel filter the same as oil filter??? (like when u do an oil change?)

Fuel Filter - NOS2Go4Me - 11-04-2005

I just have the dealer change mine as recommended by Ford. It's a hell of a lot quicker than doing it myself, and half the time they build the labour into the cost of a standard service, saving me a few bucks.

Wish I had other info for you.

Fuel Filter - MAlby7 - 11-04-2005

NOS2Go4Me,Nov 3 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:I just have the dealer change mine as recommended by Ford. It's a hell of a lot quicker than doing it myself, and half the time they build the labour into the cost of a standard service, saving me a few bucks.

Wish I had other info for you.
[right][snapback]153333[/snapback][/right]

s**t, you have a nice dealer.

Fuel Filter - Focus Is Art - 11-04-2005

cornflakes,Nov 2 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Do you guys change your fuel filter every 10,000 KM?  I saw on the box it says that it is important to change it every 10K (or around)....but i never hear about anyone talk about the fuel filter or changing it so regularly? 

Is it easy to remove and install yourself?

oops sorry.....is fuel filter the same as oil filter??? (like when u do an oil change?)
[right][snapback]153235[/snapback][/right]

Because of the shitty focus fuel pump I change fuel filter every spring.

Yes it is easy to change it yourself but make sure you have some newspaper ready.

No fuel filter is not the same as oil filter.

Fuel Filter - ZX5focused - 11-04-2005

every 20,000 kms
just did mine month ago, very easy to do.
do a search and itll explain what to do.