FocusCanada Forums
Clear Lense Grille? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Clear Lense Grille? (/showthread.php?tid=12197)

Pages: 1 2

Clear Lense Grille? - JRC ZX3 2003 - 11-02-2005

Anyone know where to get it for cheap? Ive seen Ebay at $80. I found it on partstrain and a few other auto parts sites for $25-65.. But they all want over $100 for shipping, which is nuts.. Whats my best option.. Its the last piece for me to get rid of all the orange lenses on the car.

Thanks.

Clear Lense Grille? - Raine - 11-02-2005

Only other option is to make your own. A couple ways of doing this, but I think the least amount of work would be to order a European grille and just get some generic white turn lights from Canadian Tire or something and mount them behind. It'll look much cleaner and it'll get rid of the amber... of course your cost is not going to be much different.

Clear Lense Grille? - microbunny - 11-02-2005

There is one for sale right now that is $75.00usd + $42.00usd shipping = $138.00Can (give or take a dollar)..That doesnt sound too unreasonable for a custom part that is hard to come by and makes an enormous asthetic difference!!

I had one and paid more for it over a year ago...but I loved it...

[Image: ClearFocus6.jpg]

Clear Lense Grille? - ZX3guy2000 - 11-02-2005

go to FF a guy there has them for sale!

Resonable shipping as well!!

FF site sale thread!

enjoy!

Clear Lense Grille? - Raine - 11-02-2005

$75 + $9 shipping to Canada... $84 US for a custom grille?? Damned good price if you ask me.

Clear Lense Grille? - guilty - 11-03-2005

If that guy on FF can do that price, it doesnt look like you're going to ever find it cheaper than that. It's not a very common part since nobody really knows who makes it.. it's not one of the big companies making it anyway.

Clear Lense Grille? - microbunny - 11-03-2005

guilty,Nov 2 2005, 10:47 AM Wrote:If that guy on FF can do that price, it doesnt look like you're going to ever find it cheaper than that.  It's not a very common part since nobody really knows who makes it.. it's not one of the big companies making it anyway.
[right][snapback]153153[/snapback][/right]

A small company in Garfield, New Jersey called Poy Auto Distributors used to make them...They closed down last year though!

Clear Lense Grille? - microbunny - 11-03-2005

Raine,Nov 2 2005, 04:08 AM Wrote:$75 + $9 shipping to Canada... $84 US for a custom grille?? Damned good price if you ask me.
[right][snapback]153118[/snapback][/right]

s**t..that is a damned good price...I wonder how he can ship it for only $9 though..but props to him if its true...!!

I'd get it if you were interested before they all sellout...you never know when they'll all be gone

Clear Lense Grille? - guilty - 11-04-2005

Yeah that's another thing, if they arent being produced anymore they'll only get rarer. If that's what you want, I'd say jump on the wagon before it leaves.

There are other headlight/grill options available too if you want to go a different route.

Clear Lense Grille? - JRC ZX3 2003 - 11-04-2005

I wonder how hard it would be to paint match the grill i want? hmm... Havent seen that done.

Clear Lense Grille? - ZX3guy2000 - 11-04-2005

The grills are available, and he can ship via USPS, so we don't get raped at the border from CAnada Post!!!

Clear Lense Grille? - ZTWsquared - 11-04-2005

ZX3guy2000,Nov 3 2005, 11:18 PM Wrote:The grills are available, and he can ship via USPS, so we don't get raped at the border from CAnada Post!!!
[right][snapback]153615[/snapback][/right]

????

USPS (US Postal Service) = Canada Post

If you're really concerned about paying the brokerage fee that everybody charges, have it sent UPS and have them hold it for you at their Porter Rd location in Niagara Falls ... pick it up and drive the item across the border yourself.

Clear Lense Grille? - microbunny - 11-04-2005

ZTWsquared,Nov 4 2005, 08:31 AM Wrote:
ZX3guy2000,Nov 3 2005, 11:18 PM Wrote:The grills are available, and he can ship via USPS, so we don't get raped at the border from CAnada Post!!!
[right][snapback]153615[/snapback][/right]

????

USPS (US Postal Service) = Canada Post

If you're really concerned about paying the brokerage fee that everybody charges, have it sent UPS and have them hold it for you at their Porter Rd location in Niagara Falls ... pick it up and drive the item across the border yourself.
[right][snapback]153650[/snapback][/right]

What??

USPS & CanadaPost are not the same thing

Clear Lense Grille? - ZTWsquared - 11-05-2005

microbunny,Nov 4 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:What??

[right][snapback]153656[/snapback][/right]
Functionally they are ... if a U.S. supplier ships via USPS, it will be delivered to your Canadian door by Canada Post ... you have no choice in the matter and you have no option but to pay the fees Canada Post charges.

Clear Lense Grille? - microbunny - 11-05-2005

ZTWsquared,Nov 4 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Nov 4 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:What??

[right][snapback]153656[/snapback][/right]
Functionally they are ... if a U.S. supplier ships via USPS, it will be delivered to your Canadian door by Canada Post ... you have no choice in the matter and you have no option but to pay the fees Canada Post charges.
[right][snapback]153666[/snapback][/right]

Holy crap...I didnt know that..I thought they were seperate entities...

Clear Lense Grille? - Zoom - 11-05-2005

they are completely seperate.

USPS is the the US's postal serivce. They have an **AGREEMENT** with canada post. along with MANY other countries. Just because CP delievers USA's mail doesn;t make them the same, are we the same as say Japan post? No. Of course not.

lets take letters for example.

US will deliver 10 million letters this year from canada in exchange for 10 million letters that CP will deliver from ppl the states. straight exchange. The same goes for parcels. 10 million parcels (exagerated) at a given weight for an exchange of the same.

What you get taxed at the border has NOTHING to do with Canada post. Its the Customs and border agency that deals with that. Parcels coming in from the states are examined and randomly taxed. Yes it pretty damn random. No rhyme or reason, you could ship the same item 100 times from the states to here and not get taxed each and every time. yes value plays a role but things slip though.

I had to explain this over and over again when I worked at the postal outlet in my city to disgruntled package recievers from teh states.

ZOOM,Nov 4 2005, 04:59 PM Wrote:they are completely seperate.

USPS is the the US's postal serivce. They have an **AGREEMENT** with canada post. along with MANY other countries. ............................................................................................................................................. disgruntled package recievers from teh states.
[right][snapback]153759[/snapback][/right]
Yeah ... that's what I said. Functionally, if it's shipped USPS, it's delivered by Canada Post -- no avoidance of "rape" as was hoped for a few posts up. Therefore ... USPS = Canada Post.

And my reference to fees was the "handling fee" that Canada Post charges (box 14 on the "Customs Postal Import Form") which is in addition to whatever duty, excise tax, GST and PST they collect on behalf of the CRA.

Clear Lense Grille? - guilty - 11-05-2005

ZTWsquared,Nov 4 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:And my reference to fees was the "handling fee" that Canada Post charges (box 14 on the "Customs Postal Import Form") which is in addition to whatever duty, excise tax, GST and PST they collect on behalf of the CRA.
[right][snapback]153772[/snapback][/right]

Is the handling fee still $5? I havent bought anything from the US for a while now. I'd much rather pay the $5 handling fee from Canada Customs than the arbitrary fees that UPS or FedEx will charge for doing the same thing. I like how Canada Customs actually breaks down the fees so you know what you're paying, rather than with other couriers who just send you a bill and expect you to pay whatever they tell you.

Quote:Is the handling fee still $5?  I havent bought anything from the US for a while now.  I'd much rather pay the $5 handling fee from Canada Customs than the arbitrary fees that UPS or FedEx will charge for doing the same thing.  I like how Canada Customs actually breaks down the fees so you know what you're paying, rather than with other couriers who just send you a bill and expect you to pay whatever they tell you.
[right][snapback]153798[/snapback][/right]
I think it varies with the value of the goods. I import a lot of stuff and I've seen Canada Post handling fees ranging from $5 to $14 - but as you say, still a lot less than the brokerage fees that UPS charges.

Clear Lense Grille? - ZX3guy2000 - 11-05-2005

I have yet to get charged anything from CAnada Post for items coming in from the US, UK, or even as far as Japan. Dollar values have ranged from $10 - $150 US. Although everyshipment that i have had come with UPS has been crazy prices that i'd have to pay them.

$40 pully = $37 in brokerage, $200 cam gears = $45 in brokerage.... but I'll let

ya know what happens when my grill comes in!