FocusCanada Forums
Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) (/showthread.php?tid=12684)

Pages: 1 2

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - paolo - 10-04-2005

Now that summer is gone, and winter will slowly creep up on us, what do you guys say is a good Tire that will give us great control in the mighty cold & slippery winter weather? I'm not looking to go all out, but atleast a good tire to put on my factory 15" rims or perhaps even my 16" rims that is better than the shitty goodyear eagle tires that it came with? and perhaps at a reasonable price too?

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - dlb - 10-04-2005

CT has the Ice-Trac which is a pretty decent tire for the price ? Its on sale this week :)

hmm i was just there, the guy said all the tires they carry for the focus (all 2 of them) need special order cus they dont have 205/50/R16 in stock, i didnt check with te 15 inchers though

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - smith21 - 10-04-2005

I have nokians (or at least that what i think their called) and they work so well in the snow, i would recomend them to anyone, and they weren't that bad of a price either

i found a good price on nordick tires at crappy tire, $90 per tire, approx for 15 inch factory rim, i think thats a good price, what about u?

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Kool_ZX3 - 10-12-2005

paolo,Oct 3 2005, 05:44 PM Wrote:i found a good price on nordick tires at crappy tire, $90 per tire, approx for 15 inch factory rim, i think thats a good price, what about u?
[right][snapback]146355[/snapback][/right]

better of with 15" winter then 16"'s b/c the thinner the tire the better it will cut through the snow.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Phantom - 10-12-2005

Just outta curiosity do you guys change all 4 tires to winter, or just the front 2.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - NOS2Go4Me - 10-12-2005

I'd do all 4 because there's nothing worse than a "non-induced" case of oversteer at high speeds. It'll happen, too, because the front tread compound is better suited to the cold and snow, whereas the warmer-geared treads will give up. In this case your rear end becomes a yo-yo, and you're just along for the ride.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt and made the recovery look cool. Just ask Sara.

Spend the extra green and be safe. Trust me.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - scoobasteve - 10-14-2005

Call bob (rubberman)

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - naz - 10-19-2005

if i was forced to only get 2 winter tires i'd put them on the rear even on a fwd car

appropriate tires are so key.. def not the place to cheap out IMHO

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Camrade - 10-21-2005

smith21,Oct 3 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:I have nokians (or at least that what i think their called) and they work so well in the snow, i would recomend them to anyone, and they weren't that bad of a price either
[right][snapback]146343[/snapback][/right]

Could you tell me where you got these tires and for what price? Also looking for steelies 15".. with P195- 60R 15s.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - vealzx3 - 10-21-2005

The dunlop graspic winter tires at wallmart aint that bad. I gotta set, and there cheap $ too.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - SDPZX3 - 10-21-2005

i have a set of Hercules Polar Trax, there a good tire for what i paid, i only paid bout 75 a tire

just to let ya know

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Camrade - 10-22-2005

smith21,Oct 3 2005, 04:10 PM Wrote:I have nokians (or at least that what i think their called) and they work so well in the snow, i would recomend them to anyone, and they weren't that bad of a price either

Could you tell me where you got these tires and for what price? Also looking for steelies 15".. with P195- 60R 15s.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - smith21 - 10-24-2005

Camrade,Oct 21 2005, 05:20 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]150756[/snapback][/right]

lol..sorry for the late reply, but i picked them up from "the tire people" here in sudbury, i can't remember how much they were as it was almost 2 years ago that i got them, but i know for sure that they were less than the Michelin x-ice's

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Dark racer - 10-30-2005

i have 4 toyo observe g02+ on my focus and they work really well in the snow and on the ice :headbang:

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Drivesthebeast - 10-31-2005

I want the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-18's....they are an H rated winter tire for those times where it's cold, but the road is bare and you are going long distance...only thing is, they are pricey...about $170 each installed and balanced, but you gotta remember that they are a Hi-Po winter tire...meant for snow, wet, dry, higher speed, etc...

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - FocusGuy7476 - 10-31-2005

Nokian RSI is an amazing winter tire, and Bridgestone Blizzacks are good. think for a two nokian rsi i paid 300 mounted and balanced for 195/60 15.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - OAC_Sparky - 10-31-2005

The Goodyear dealership here in Hamilton is having a sale starting Nov 8th, $98 a tire for P185/65R15, total $526 for 4 Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice.

Tire Recommendation For The Season Change (winter) - Medicman - 11-15-2005

Well heres my 2 cents.
I have 4 factory rims purchased from a wrecker in mint condition.
On them I have the Canadian Tire winter tires , purchased from a tire dealer here in London. The tires were gently used but still had the little nibs on the tread.
Rims = 4 x 50.00 = $200.00
Tires = 4 x 40.00 = $160.00

I think I got a great deal ! They worked great last winter....