FocusCanada Forums
Auto Upholstery - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Auto Upholstery (/showthread.php?tid=12753)

Auto Upholstery - ZX3guy2000 - 09-29-2005

Does anyone know of any "How To's" in regards to redoing the bucket seats?
I would like to change the color of them to black and red but I don't want to go out and get new seats! I like mine just the way they are aside from the color. I have black and red seat covers but I would like to make them look a little better.

Any help or direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Auto Upholstery - Raine - 09-29-2005

Aside from seat covers...

reupholstering a seat is a pretty damned big job... you have to be pretty damned good at stiching with a machine in order to get both the shape and the strength necessary... you might just be better off having a shop do it for you, but for the price, you might be able to find a nice set of used SVT seats in red & black

Auto Upholstery - Tri_kento - 09-29-2005

Well when my dad had his seats redone, they cost him around 400$ for the 2 front buckets. I was thinking about haveing mine redone in black and darkgreen vinal... but i have better things to put my money to. :)

Auto Upholstery - _JC_ - 09-30-2005

i've always wanted to get a extra set of seats and take them apart stich my stich ....then i would have a pattern that i could use to cut out new peices, and make a tight slip cover. i just have not had the time or the money to take on a project

Auto Upholstery - Frost__2001 - 10-02-2005

actually I'm kinda thinking of doing something like that, but I'd be doing this on the rear split seat in my car as I want to add the rear head rests..... since the clips that hold the head rests in place is deep in the seat back.

Auto Upholstery - CanadaSVT - 10-06-2005

Call Apple Auto Glass for a quote. Maybe cheaper than trying to do it yourself. B)