FocusCanada Forums
Tints - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Tints (/showthread.php?tid=13242)

Tints - cornflakes - 09-03-2005

I already have my tints done....35% front, 20% back when I got the car from the dealership but I've been wanting to smoothen things out by getting the front a bit darker.

I realize the legal limit in ontario i believe is 35% front (no lower) and 20% back (no lower)....but if I made my fronts down to 20% too so it equals the back will it be any trouble? I see lot of vehicles out there with pretty dark tints both front and back.....doesn't seem to be a big deal?

Also....since I already have tints on my car....if i want them redone...is this going to cost more (ie. remove old tint then put on new tint)? Is it really hard to remove current tints?

What are the percentages available? I only know of 5% 20% and 35% .....can i get something like 10 or 15% or 25% if i asked for it?

thanks

Tints - bluetoy - 09-03-2005

There are no set standards for tint in Ontario. It is up to the officers discretion. Good rule of thumb is make sure you can see in and see a face in the car. I run 20% on my windows in the truck and now the VW has 15% tint all the way around. My Focus had 15% all around as well.

Oh and it is tint not tints.

Tints - guilty - 09-03-2005

There shouldnt be a limit to how much you can tint your back windows, as long as you have proper mirrors. There are a lot of vehicles with no rear windows at all..

Tints - Jaspher - 09-03-2005

Ontario's legal limit.
Front: Maximum of 35%
Rear: no limit

Tints - ANTHONYD - 09-03-2005

Most shops will charge 25 bux removal per window.

Tints - french_connection - 09-03-2005

I understand some like tint, but after having my zx3 done I regreted because at night it sucked. also cops would always check me out and pull me over.

once I got the svt I decided to try it witout tint for a while, I realized I enjoyed it much more, because I can really see all around at night and also witht he AC on, it isnt much warmer but feel much mure like a sunny day.

just some food for thoughts. :)

Tints - guilty - 09-04-2005

I learned my lesson about dark tint on my first car. On my old Acadian I had all the rear windows tinted 5% and it was a bitch to see anything when backing up at night. On the Focus I went with 35% on the rear and it's not too bad.. I wouldnt have minded doing something even lighter though.

Tints - SDPZX3 - 09-04-2005

i got 15% all the way around on my car,
I LOVE IT! i mean i can feel a difference between getting in the wifes car (nottinted) to mine (tinted), adn even at 15% i can still c fine at nite/early morning.
i live in bradford and anyone from teh simcoe area would know that the cops are REALLY anal around ehre and i've gone through ride programs with my windows the way they are with my neons on and everythign and NOTHING has ever been said to me

just FYI

Sean

Tints - OAC_Sparky - 09-04-2005

[quote=Jaspher,Sep 2 2005, 11:09 PM]
Ontario's legal limit.
Front: Maximum of 35%
Rear: no limit***
[right][snapback]138586[/snapback][/right]

***Provided you have two functioning side-view mirrors (one on each side).

Heck, you can paint the back windows black if you want to.

Tints - cornflakes - 09-06-2005

SDPZX3,Sep 3 2005, 07:53 PM Wrote:i got 15% all the way around on my car,
I LOVE IT!  i mean i can feel a difference between getting in the wifes car (nottinted) to mine (tinted), adn even at 15% i can still c fine at nite/early morning.
i live in bradford and anyone from teh simcoe area would know that the cops are REALLY anal around ehre and i've gone through ride programs with my windows the way they are with my neons on and everythign and NOTHING has ever been said to me

just FYI

Sean
[right][snapback]138745[/snapback][/right]

Where did you get your tinting done? How much ? Any other places you would recommend? Lifetime warranty a must?