FocusCanada Forums
Regional Forums Coming Soon! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Site Support/Updates (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Regional Forums Coming Soon! (/showthread.php?tid=13359)

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - darkpuppet - 08-30-2005

just as it says...

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - paolo - 08-30-2005

nice!!
we should also consider adding regional clubs too, such as CFOC, FociNW, OFOC, quebec focus club, etc...

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - 2001 ZTS - 09-02-2005

What did you have in mind, Southern Ontario and then "everyone else"?

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - NOS2Go4Me - 09-02-2005

paolo,Aug 30 2005, 12:31 AM Wrote:nice!!
we should also consider adding regional clubs too, such as CFOC, FociNW, OFOC, quebec focus club, etc...
[right][snapback]137082[/snapback][/right]

The regional clubs ought to at least make a "token" gesture for the forum space, to offset bandwidth usage increases and whatnot. Like, $5 bucks a month or something per club for forum space and give one rep from each club (or two, whatever) mod privs for that sub-forum and its collection.

Psst... hey Puppet, what about a dedicated tech support forum staffed by us IT guys? :D

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - SVT ZX3 - 09-03-2005

2001 ZTS,Sep 1 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:What did you have in mind, Southern Ontario and then "everyone else"?
[right][snapback]138295[/snapback][/right]

I'd have to agree with that comment. I've visited the regional forums on other sites and haven't seen much in there. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't know how much use it will get.

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - GapBoyPCS - 09-03-2005

SVT ZX3,Sep 2 2005, 11:39 AM Wrote:
2001 ZTS,Sep 1 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:What did you have in mind, Southern Ontario and then "everyone else"?
[right][snapback]138295[/snapback][/right]

I'd have to agree with that comment. I've visited the regional forums on other sites and haven't seen much in there. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't know how much use it will get.
[right][snapback]138431[/snapback][/right]

Well...let's see how it goes. B)

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - paolo - 09-03-2005

well if the rest of canada has a problem with ontarions, we can always post in the regional form for ontario where we know they will never bother us...

Regional Forums Coming Soon! - darkpuppet - 09-03-2005

the intent of regional forums is to give more reason for new members to join.. and give them a spot to hang.

I'm still trying to figure out how I want to implement it... so we're not cluttering the site. that's the tricky part.

I'm not going to charge other forums for the linkage. They only have to agree to link back to focuscanada.net ..