FocusCanada Forums
Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Starting To Lose Patience With Furd (/showthread.php?tid=14766)

Pages: 1 2

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - FocusRay - 06-08-2005

OK. I bought a 02 Focus ZX3. why? I liked the design and drive, especially after I put in a Ford Racing SVT suspension kit and FR SVT rims 17X7s. I decided to give a NA manufacturer a chance-I have a 92 Honda (150,000 km) and a 92 Toyota (200,000km). I carefully checked Consumers Reports and other sites, which did not recommend 00-01 (13 recalls and counting), but said problems were fixed in 02.

I don't drive the car a lot. Only 45,000 kms to date, but the car is now three months out of warranty. Basically, its falling apart.

1. Broken exhaust muffler-corroded. OK, changed to stainless MRBP.
2. EGR valve shot-replaced under extended warranty ($40).
3. Seized rear suspension due to corrosion-not replaced under warranty. I should point out the car spent two years in Vancouver and only one Ontario winter.
4. and now...defective IAC-$354!! after two stalls at speed and Found On the Road Dead.

Is this it? When I complained to my dealer, he tried to sell me a new car! Do they really expect me to drop 25 grand on these Trabants every three years? Now I understand why the average age of a Ford customer is so old and why the company is doing so poorly. I think the rule here is 3 yr lease and dump.
Ford Canada will not pay for the IAC.
Ford has the lowest warranty period in the business -now at least 5-10 years and 100,000 km for Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Hyundai.
They won't even warranty their cars for as long as the cutomer has to make payments.

Fine.

My wife's picking up her new Matrix in a few weeks.

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - Flofocus - 06-08-2005

I dont know what to say but your only the 330-th memebr to post their 1st post to something along these lines. :lol: :P

Welcome to the club.

:hi:

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - meford4u - 06-08-2005

not to defend Ford here, but No one except Mitsu, warranty's the whole car bumper to bumper, for more than 5 years.
Honda, as you say, is a powertrain warranty. Good luck making a claim on that.
The part you stated would not be covered by 90% of the car manufacturers out there.
Complain all you want about ford, and were here to listen, but parts break, especially when a car sits for long periods of time.
Best of luck with that Matrix. now that's funny

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - K_OS - 06-08-2005

Welcome to the board

don't worry you're not the 1st one to have problems with "Ford's job#1 at screwing it up" and you certainly won't be the last, let's just say that at Donway Ford I'm on record for asking for my 21g's back so far the cheque hasn't arrived :lol:

Laterz :)

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - ANTHONYD - 06-08-2005

All part of owning a Ford welcome aboard.

Myself?

137 and counting.

[Image: IMG_0601.jpg]

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - scoobasteve - 06-08-2005

anthony d... youre my idol haha.

i think its time to start complaining to ford hq again for me. Goddamn clutch rattles.
i just want them to extend the damn warranty on the transmisson and i'll be happy this time.

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - hardk0re - 06-08-2005

I love my ford focus :D

If a part fails, remove it and put on something better. Don't put on a ford part thats going to fail....its not like the new parts are any better than the old ones that failed...... :blink:

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - FocusRay - 06-08-2005

meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 08:12 PM Wrote:not to defend Ford here, but No one except Mitsu, warranty's the whole car bumper to bumper, for more than 5 years.
Honda, as you say, is a powertrain warranty.  Good luck making a claim on that.
The part you stated would not be covered by 90% of the car manufacturers out there.
Complain all you want about ford, and were here to listen, but parts break, especially when a car sits for long periods of time.
Best of luck with that Matrix.  now that's funny
[right][snapback]113186[/snapback][/right]

THERE'S THE PROBLEM-THIS ATTITUDE.
Long periods? Are you serious? It only has 45K kms! That's the Ford response?

Actually, you may be right on the Honda warranty, but I never saw my Honda dealer until 2003 and 125,000km. I see Phil at Ford every month, he makes coffee and talks about his kids.

And bad news buddy, Toyota is now bigger than Ford in Canada and the Matrix is still CR best buy recommended 00-05, no major recalls. I don't see any class action suits against Toyota or websites like this:

http://www.focusbrakes.com

I'm a satisfied Toyota/Honda customer with realistic expectations of quality, I'm a screwed Ford Customer.

If it weren't for Ontario government tax breaks and gifts from taxpayers, Oakville would be closed. I just thank God I don't own a Windstar (Windstuck).

If your really listening, listen to this: do a better job, because others are. There are very good reasons why Ford is losing money.

Uhoh... while i'm in partial agreement... the n00b just opened a can of worms.

I'll just sit back relax and wait for Meford4u and BoostTilBust to come into this one.

What kind of problems are you having with your car. I'm sure honda, toyota etc have these problems too, its just that theyre better at covering it up.

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - Crazirich - 06-08-2005

THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO TO A CAR IS LET IT SIT .

FocusRay,Jun 7 2005, 08:37 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 08:12 PM Wrote:not to defend Ford here, but No one except Mitsu, warranty's the whole car bumper to bumper, for more than 5 years.
Honda, as you say, is a powertrain warranty.  Good luck making a claim on that.
Best of luck with that Matrix.  now that's funny
[right][snapback]113186[/snapback][/right]

THERE'S THE PROBLEM-THIS ATTITUDE.
Long periods? Are you serious? It only has 45K kms! That's the Ford response?

Actually, you may be right on the Honda warranty, but I never saw my Honda dealer until 2003 and 125,000km. I see Phil at Ford every month, he makes coffee and talks about his kids.

And bad news buddy, Toyota is now bigger than Ford in Canada and the Matrix is still CR best buy recommended 00-05, no major recalls. I don't see any class action suits against Toyota or websites like this:

http://www.focusbrakes.com

I'm a satisfied Toyota/Honda customer with realistic expectations of quality, I'm a screwed Ford Customer.

If it weren't for Ontario government tax breaks and gifts from taxpayers, Oakville would be closed. I just thank God I don't own a Windstar (Windstuck).

If your really listening, listen to this: do a better job, because others are. There are very good reasons why Ford is losing money.
[right][snapback]113194[/snapback][/right]

let me introduce you to YOU DON"T HAVE A CLUE
CR-this compnay basis it's reports on funding they receive from MANUFACTURERS. Don't pay and you don't get a good rating. They are a joke and their reliability factor is non-existent.

There are many websites complaining about every car manufacturer. Here's one http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/toyota_safety.html it's on Toyota.

Yes we did get gov't incentives for Oakville to stay open. So did Toyota in Cambridge. Every car manufacturer that assembles in Ontario gets incentives to stay in Ontario. It's the name of the game, like it or not. For every 1 automotive employee, 7 jobs are created. Look what happened to St. Kitts when the gov't let GM pull out and wouldn't give them the incentives to stay. That town is still struggling after 15 years. Lose the plants and your in serious financial hardship and might even lose your job.

If you think in the back of your narrow mind that the guys at Toyota are doing anything differently to your vehicle than Ford is, then you are the one who is being fooled. It's all the same s**t. Just different looks and badging. They've all gone their differnet ways but they all get assembled the same way for the last 50 years.

Yep, were getting beat by Toyota. Because people believe they make a good car. That attitude will change in time. They don't make a great car IMO.

Before opening your mouth as a NOOB on a website you just came across, maybe you should think twice about bashing the hell out of a company and a product you know dick all about.
Can I come to your place of employment and bash you? I don't know what you do or who you are, but bash away I will.

Just go away and enjoy your new vehicle. I'll be laughing at you and that ugly excuse for a car.

meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:not to defend Ford here, but No one except Mitsu, warranty's the whole car bumper to bumper, for more than 5 years.

Actually my brother's Hyundai Tucson has a 10 year bumper to bumper warranty it was only available in 2004, his Tucson came right under the wire has it was purchased in December but it wasn't delivered untill late January.

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - LOFOCI WAGON - 06-08-2005

Is That Ford or Furd? :lol: :lol: :lol:

FocusRay don't let MeFord4U get under your skin he's still under Ford's spell that they are gods gift to the automotive industry and still haven't come to terms that the Japanese and Koreans are beating them at the game they created.

K_OS,Jun 7 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:FocusRay don't let MeFord4U get under your skin he's still under Ford's spell that they are gods gift to the automotive industry and still haven't come to terms that the Japanese and Koreans are beating them at the game they created.

[right][snapback]113210[/snapback][/right]

This coming from a dummy who doesn't own a Ford, who owns a HYUNDAI, and still spends time on his ex-car's board.

If you hated the Focus so much, why are you still here?

And Ford is no god to the auto industry. Never said that. What you and others around you fail to understand that if you keep buying their product and the not so big 3 pull out of Ontario, your screwed.
Your sadly mistaken if you think any one company is better than the other. It's all sheet metal and plastic. It's all in the way you mould it.

K_OS,Jun 7 2005, 04:53 PM Wrote:FocusRay don't let MeFord4U get under your skin he's still under Ford's spell that they are gods gift to the automotive industry and still haven't come to terms that the Japanese and Koreans are beating them at the game they created.

[right][snapback]113210[/snapback][/right]

I don't think meford is saying that ford is "gods gift to the automotive industry"

It looks like he's saying that all car manufacturers are the same. everyone is going to have lemons. its just that ford owners tend to bitch alot more than others...

heres an example. if i say hey. i had a bad experience with honda. you'll have 5 or 10 people immedeatly telling you that youre wrong. Honda is amazing etc. where as nobody really stands up for ford etc. because theyre a "crappy american car"

I wonder, do people actually think or believe that their (honda, toyota, hyundai etc...) car doesnt have problems... honda as an example. forces you to service the car at the dealership. and when its in there they fix the other problems that havent made it out as public recalls etc.. (i know a few people who work for honda)

But back to the original topic.

Focusray, those problems youre having on your car are nothing compared to others on this board.

with all those corrosion problems, i think you may have another problem,.... where is the car parked.

because at 83000km the red zx3 that i traded in didnt have one spot of rust on the undercarriage.

Niether does my svt.

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - MAlby7 - 06-08-2005

Meford, let it go man. Ford may not be as bad as people have described but they are no where near as good as you state.

Let's put it this way.

My focus has been in for more service appointments than the rest of the 5 cars my immediate family owns put together.

The Focus and the Corvette are the only two American ones. The other's are two Acura's and two BMW's. I guess you get what you pay for. Even my brother's 1990 Acura Integra has been in the shop less in the last 15 years than my car has been in the first 3 years.

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - SL8RZZX3 - 06-08-2005

I don't know it sounds like you're doing ok for a car that you let sit, then take out and pound on it?!

I've got an '02 and i've already replaced 3 out of 4 that you've done........

I haven't done the IAC, and don't know what it is........

But i'm on my 3rd set of rotors, 6th 6disc cd deck, replaced the exhaust manafold back, replaced the suspension, EGR done under warrenty

And i'll admit i've stored my car every winter, and pounded the s**t out of it in the summer B) , but i don't expect too much out of a North American economy car

Now if it was a Caddy or a Lincoln, sure i'd be pissed

meford4u,Jun 7 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:What you and others around you fail to understand that if you keep buying their product and the not so big 3 pull out of Ontario, your screwed.

and what you fail to understand is that I'm not the only that's gotten the shaft from Ford or the other Big3 in my family or in my close circle of friends, the fact that the Big3 still count on the reason that people in NA must buy American because they are supporting the local economy is BS every foreign manufacturer has at least 1 auto plant here in NA, so can the BS MeFord the wrinting is on the wall Ford, GM, Chrysler are on there way down just like the British went down in the 70's if you want proof look at May's auto sales.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/050602-1.htm

General Motors -3.7
Chrysler -12.9
Ford -10.5
Hyundai +28.6 :D
Kia +7.3 :D
Nissan & Infiniti +5
Honda & Acura +4.3

Yeah that looks really positive :lol:

Starting To Lose Patience With Furd - Flofocus - 06-08-2005

turbo the focus.