FocusCanada Forums
Changing Rear Light Bulbs - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Changing Rear Light Bulbs (/showthread.php?tid=14799)

Changing Rear Light Bulbs - schade - 06-06-2005

I went to try and change my LR tail light bulb today but i couldn't figure out how to get the damn taillight off. I looked over the how-to's and it says theres a bolt under the trim that holds the housing on, aswell as the screw on the out side of the car.

I couldn't find the bolt anywhere. So it doesn't look like my taillights are bolted in from the inside, but i still couldn't get them to come apart?

Any ideas on how to remove them on a 02 zx3?

Changing Rear Light Bulbs - skifreak69 - 06-06-2005

There should be two phillips head screws on the side of the light but covered by the hatch when closed. And then there is one bolt from the inside of the hatch, you will see a hole in the trim and you can reach in and undo the bolt by hand(it has a plastic lever on it to turn. Then you will have to yank straight back, fairly firmly as there is a clip in the middle that can be quite snug.

Changing Rear Light Bulbs - schade - 06-06-2005

nope, not bolt hole or bolt on my tail lights .. i've looked many times. Theres no hole in the trim and i've also had the trim ripped out. I got the one phillips screw but thats all i could find.

Weird, I had mine off not too long ago, had to really look to find the inside bolt, but it was there. I didn't think they changed the mounting of the lights over the years. Mines a 2000 zx3.

Just looked at mine, my memory was wrong there is only one screw, and the bolt inside is very low on the light, below the hatch lid part. I grabbed a couple of pics, I'll try and get them up soon.

Heres the pics, sorry about the quality it was starting to rain so I just snapped a few and ran.
Heres the outside screw
[Image: Imgp0159.jpg]
Heres the inside bolt, again sorry about the pic quality
[Image: Imgp0158.jpg]
[Image: Imgp0157.jpg]
The bolt is in the large ovalish opening(where the white tag is) It is pretty much on the very bottom of the light. Took me some time to find it the first time, I kept looking in the upper part, and was about to rip out the trim, when I found it.

Changing Rear Light Bulbs - guilty - 06-06-2005

Yeah, the light has a long threaded stud sticking out of it that goes through the body and the plastic wing-nut kind of thing tightens onto it. You just have to stick your hand up there and turn it out, that's how it's done.

Changing Rear Light Bulbs - skifreak69 - 06-07-2005

Were you able to get the lightbulb changed?