FocusCanada Forums
Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper (/showthread.php?tid=14840)

Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper - DRyanC - 06-03-2005

First off, hey everyone. 2nd I have a 2000 ZX3 with 67000km. Heres my story. I changed the pads and rotors about 2 months ago. Evertything went fine no strange noise's. 2 days ago I'm geting a tunk kind of sound when I'm lightly on the brake at very low speeds or after braking, I start rolling and their it is, but goes away when I pick up my speed. It seems to me that caliper may be sticking and the rotors hitting the pad to push it out. The car tracks fineeven when I brake their is no pull to a side. Can I grease the calipers some how or what do you do when the piston is worn out too much, take the caliper in and buy new ones? I checked the blots that hold the caliper on and they are fine. I haven't pulled the wheel yet, thats tomorrow or Saturdays job.
Thanks

DRyanC

Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper - Flofocus - 06-03-2005

There was a TSB for the front suspension when braking or slowing down at low speeds. Can't remember exactly but it did describe a clunking noise from the front..... :huh:

Maybe somebody can post the link....

Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper - DRyanC - 06-03-2005

I did the TSB for the endlinks on the front swaybar.

DRyanC

Thinking It's A Sticky Caliper - hyprlte - 06-04-2005

yea i am having the same problem too. when i start my wheels squeak a bit but it goes away when i pick up speed.