FocusCanada Forums
Crappy Vac. Tubing... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Crappy Vac. Tubing... (/showthread.php?tid=14856)

Crappy Vac. Tubing... - hardk0re - 06-02-2005

Just thought i'd post a little warning for all those using the coloured silicone tubing from places like PI and other performance shops.

This stuff sucks, I had it for my vac tubing....after a while of driving I noticed I was only at -5psi at idle, when it should be much higher. I checked the connections and found that this crap when a little warm sucks together...

I'm switching to some real tubing tonight.

Crappy Vac. Tubing... - Flofocus - 06-02-2005

Canadian tire All the way :lol: :P

Crappy Vac. Tubing... - BerinG - 06-02-2005

stupid canadian tire only has washer fluid hose.. not "actual" vacuum hose.. that's what i got for now.. better work..

Nate, remember we bought some together when we did the gauges and they had rolls etc... well not in gatineau, as far as they know, it doesn't exist..

will probably get some washer fluid Tee's too caus theres nothing for "vacuum"

Crappy Vac. Tubing... - scoobasteve - 06-02-2005

they do have roll's of vac tubing, ask the autoparts guys. its behind the counter :D

BerinG,Jun 1 2005, 02:26 PM Wrote:stupid canadian tire only has washer fluid hose.. not "actual" vacuum hose.. that's what i got for now.. better work..

Nate, remember we bought some together when we did the gauges and they had rolls etc... well not in gatineau, as far as they know, it doesn't exist..

will probably get some washer fluid Tee's too caus theres nothing for "vacuum"
[right][snapback]111997[/snapback][/right]

Come to Orleans and buy some up the street from me. :huh:

scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 02:34 PM Wrote:they do have roll's of vac tubing, ask the autoparts guys. its behind the counter  :D
[right][snapback]112000[/snapback][/right]

i know they should, i got it frmo there with Flo last summer.. but it was a different CT..

maybe cars in quebec don't use vacuum? :rolleyes:

i went twice even.. asked different people.. they both said they didn't have any and pointed me to the washer fluid hose.. which i finally got caus i need "something!". I told him, "i bought some at another canadian tire, they have rolls"... "no"

even at NAPA they said they didn't have any.. then went to another autoparts store.. same deal except they just didn't have that size.. anyway

Do you want me to pick some up for ya?

Your friggin slow. :P

Hardkore has had time to install, uninstall and sell a trubo kit. Then install a supercharger kit.

I was boosted in 1 week-end. Driven about 6500 Km's so far...

Jeez, what the hell do you do on your free time? Def not working on the focus.

:P :P :lol: :P :P :lol:

bastard! ill just use the winder shield washer fluid.. now my mofo oil separator is still leaking and its pissing me off.. went twice to have it fixed.. and of course its a part that when removed, i can't install anything else.. caus its behind everything else..

ok for everyone else.. i do not have a garage, its all done in my driveway.. i did not have a second car.. i do not have Jay besides me doing all the work for me :D i do not have a welder, i do not have a canadian tire with vacuum hose and its been raining constantly here in the last few weeks... thank you for accepting my excuses ;)

Im just buggin Eric!! ;)

But seriously, I will go get you some vacuum hosing. It is just up the street from me. 1 minute drive dood :D

nah its alright.. ill do what i can with this hose i got and if it breaks or something ill go down there..

its just i still have to drive to orleans to pick it up from, so if i go to orleans, ill jsut go to CT there..

thanks anyway.. will let you know as soon as it runs.. the stupid oil separator needs to get dealt with.. its stopping the whole process

I do work downtown, so we can meet of worse comes to worse.

Let me know, I should be in Ottawa for at least a month before they ship me out to god knows where :rolleyes:

thats alright.. i have at least 3-4 months left til the car starts :lol:

:lol:

I hope not. <_<

I hope your running by next week, that way you can log your car while I have a logger in my hands. ;)

Crappy Vac. Tubing... - NOS2Go4Me - 06-02-2005

I'm not even touching that one... :lol:

Crappy Vac. Tubing... - ZX3TUNR - 06-02-2005

Even I knew not to use that stuff lol

CDN tire sells it by the box. Its labeled as washer / vacuum tubing.

well thats all everyone had.. not just canadian tire.. and thats what im using for now.. not like its a big deal for now.. if it doesn't work well.. I'll know..