FocusCanada Forums
Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better (/showthread.php?tid=14889)

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - skifreak69 - 05-30-2005

Lately my car has been giving me some headaches, and I am trying to figure out what the cause is. At highway speeds the loss of power is drastic and very obvious, for example when travelling around 110km/h it cannot maintain speed even up a slight grade, and then even after downshifting to 4th(rpm's around 4000 I think) the car will still lose speed. It will accellerate well to begin with but once the rpm's get above about 3500 there is a noticeable loss of power and the loss grows greater as the rpms raise. After we'd stop and shut the car off, for gas or what not and start again, the problem would be less noticeable but then grow as the drive continued.
I have also noticed around town hesitation when trying to accelerate from a stop. It will at times lurch a couple of times then take off, or just start to crawl forward, even with the pedal to the floor, then take off.
Does anyone have any idea(s) what this could be? I have a couple but want to see what I could be missing.
Its a 2000 ZX3(fuel pump recall done last year) and Mods are:
Bomz CAI (now a short ram and problem still there)
Magnaflow catback
JBA shorty header
FC UDP (now removed and problem still there)
Accel plug wires

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - Raine - 05-30-2005

DPFE?

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - mo_focus - 05-30-2005

i would say plugged cat, is it under low RPM's or high RPM? my car didnt want to go over 3K when i plugged my cat, so maybe that is the same problem.

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - NOS2Go4Me - 05-31-2005

Clogged fuel filter or fouled fuel rail. I bet they did the swap on the pump and didn't do the filter at the same time. I specifically asked to have mine done at the same time as my recall. Nigh on 25K added now and no detrimental effects since.

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - ANTHONYD - 05-31-2005

ford focus?

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - meford4u - 05-31-2005

You need a SC/turbo

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - skifreak69 - 05-31-2005

mo_focus,May 30 2005, 04:43 AM Wrote:i would say plugged cat, is it under low RPM's or high RPM? my car didnt want to go over 3K when i plugged my cat, so maybe that is the same problem.
[right][snapback]111395[/snapback][/right]
It is under high rpms, I'm hoping it is the cat because it getting removed very soon.

NOS2Go4Me,May 30 2005, 07:35 AM Wrote:Clogged fuel filter or fouled fuel rail. I bet they did the swap on the pump and didn't do the filter at the same time. I specifically asked to have mine done at the same time as my recall. Nigh on 25K added now and no detrimental effects since.
[right][snapback]111421[/snapback][/right]
I changed the filter myself last year, i will be doing it again next time my car is up in the air.

meford4u,May 30 2005, 07:48 AM Wrote:You need a SC/turbo
[right][snapback]111426[/snapback][/right]
Procharger kit is about to be shipped out, just wanted to clear some gremlins before the install.

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - focuzedn2o - 05-31-2005

was there really a recall on the fuel pumps? what about on a 2001 zts?

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - NOS2Go4Me - 05-31-2005

http://ford.ca/english/Maintaining/Recalls/Default.asp

Key your VIN in here to see if the recall applies to your car / see if the recall has been done or needs to be done still.

:)

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - DD1 - 06-01-2005

ANTHONYD,May 30 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:ford focus?
[right][snapback]111424[/snapback][/right]

You beat me to it :lol:

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - skifreak69 - 06-01-2005

DD1,May 31 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,May 30 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:ford focus?
[right][snapback]111424[/snapback][/right]

You beat me to it :lol:
[right][snapback]111796[/snapback][/right]
Sorry thought that was implied, but yes Ford Focus :rolleyes:

Lack Of Power And Hesitation*all Better - skifreak69 - 06-02-2005

Problem solved,the cat was completely shot. Thanks to ZX3Tuning for the race header to replace that darn emmisions junk :D