FocusCanada Forums
Once Again Shifting Points - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Once Again Shifting Points (/showthread.php?tid=15201)

Once Again Shifting Points - FociS8nt - 05-01-2005

okay. Ractive Short ram, MSD wires, OBX race header with 2.25 FS flexpipe and MBRP cat-backand urethane motor mounts...what should I be starting at as in what number on the tach should i drop the clutch at and what number on the tach should i shift gears at??? just from ppls experience what do u figure?

Once Again Shifting Points - yeloZX3 - 05-01-2005

FociS8nt,May 1 2005, 03:14 AM Wrote:okay. Ractive Short ram, MSD wires, OBX race header with 2.25 FS flexpipe and MBRP cat-backand urethane motor mounts...what should I be starting at as in what number on the tach should i drop the clutch at and what number on the tach should i shift gears at??? just from ppls experience what do u figure?
[right][snapback]105725[/snapback][/right]

is very hard to say without a dyno graph

but i'd say launch at 3000-3500 rpm and
first gear to second at 6500rpm
second to third at 6200rpm
third to forth 6200rpm

just my experience with the mods that u have.

Once Again Shifting Points - ZX3TUNR - 05-02-2005

I wouldnt sweat it jarrod. The pavement was cold and dam from it snowing all day.

Once Again Shifting Points - schade - 05-03-2005

i wouldn't think your car with those mods would still be making power past 6000rpm .. 5500 if that .. so i would shift it a little lower .. around the 5500-6K mark.

Once Again Shifting Points - yeloZX3 - 05-04-2005

schade,May 2 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:i wouldn't think your car with those mods would still be making power past 6000rpm .. 5500 if that .. so i would shift it a little lower .. around the 5500-6K mark.
[right][snapback]105960[/snapback][/right]

no offense, but shifting at the max power point is not quite right.... coz u want your next shift to be at the max power point when you shift :)

Once Again Shifting Points - dad - 05-04-2005

are we talking about drag or road racing here....cause if it is road racing there is no diffinitive answer to that question.....smoth it out ...that is how you drive fast...

straight roads are for fast cars curved roads are for fast drivers....