FocusCanada Forums
Wanli Tires - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Wanli Tires (/showthread.php?tid=15245)

Wanli Tires - dabigmandan - 04-28-2005

Saw a set of Wanli tires brand new for 260 bucks. I currently don't need tires but if I do need em in the future would this be a reliable tire?
They have the same tread pattern as a yokohoma tire I've seen and are a fraction of the price. I've also seen some pretty good reviews and then some not so good reviews. Anybody here have this tire?

Wanli Tires - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 04-28-2005

Me personally - I wouldn't touch Ebay brand tires with a 10 foot pole.

Wanli Tires - mo_focus - 04-28-2005

I have had them on my car since last year, personally I like them and the tread wear is very good on them. I’ve also had Pirreli’s and kumho's before. They are not as good as the P's but i would prefer them to Kumho's. Kumho's seemed very fragile tires. I had to replace two of them because of the sides. They never handled Toronto streets very well. But Wanli's are doing well so far.

01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 27 2005 Wrote:Me personally - I wouldn't touch Ebay brand tires with a 10 foot pole.
[right][snapback]104977[/snapback][/right]

I didnt find them on ebay... found them on an online tire store. Can't remember the name right now.

Wanli Tires - bigman - 04-28-2005

ihave them and i liek them lots. for a budget tire there pretty sick man.

Wanli Tires - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 04-28-2005

dabigmandan,Apr 27 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 27 2005 Wrote:Me personally - I wouldn't touch Ebay brand tires with a 10 foot pole.

I didnt find them on ebay... found them on an online tire store. Can't remember the name right now.
[right][snapback]105029[/snapback][/right]

They're a common Ebay branded tire, usually extremely cheap.

Wanli Tires - MAlby7 - 04-28-2005

01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 27 2005 Wrote:
dabigmandan,Apr 27 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]105029[/snapback][/right]

They're a common Ebay branded tire, usually extremely cheap.
[right][snapback]105052[/snapback][/right]

Actually they're exact copies of this tire:

YOKOHAMA AVS SPORT
[Image: yo_avs_sport.jpg]

The only difference is that the treadlife is better. I girl I know has them on her VW Bug and she loves them. She said they handle real well in the rain!

cool... most reviews I've heard have been good ones. There were a couple people who said that they didnt last very long and were kinda noisy but other than that the reviews have been about %75 positive. I think these might be my next tire.

Wanli Tires - MAlby7 - 04-28-2005

dabigmandan,Apr 27 2005, 11:01 PM Wrote:cool... most reviews I've heard have been good ones. There were a couple people who said that they didnt last very long and were kinda noisy but other than that the reviews have been about %75 positive. I think these might be my next tire.
[right][snapback]105069[/snapback][/right]

They're noisy because of the tread pattern. But then again so are the Yokohama ones like it!

Wanli Tires - hyprlte - 04-28-2005

i have had them on for 2 summers now and they have been amazing for me.. not to mention affordable.

Wanli Tires - DRyanC - 04-29-2005

I put a Falkens ZE512s on last month, stock size, pretty good price at $79.xx something a tire before tax from tire world. They are super quiet. Grip better then the GSA's. They are rated for 50,000 so we'll see how long they last.

DryanC