FocusCanada Forums
Some Night Shots - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Some Night Shots (/showthread.php?tid=15346)

Some Night Shots - yeloZX3 - 04-19-2005

the light setup is Hella projectors e-code with HID H7 conversion kit. Been having this setup done for more than a year but never got a chance to take some pics...
so here they are :) any comments welcome =)

[Image: hid07.jpg]
[Image: hid01.jpg]
[Image: hid05.jpg]
[Image: hid03.jpg]
[Image: hid02.jpg]
[Image: hid04.jpg]

I have a question about my beam pattern tho, i always thought that the beam pattern should look like __/__/, but mine seems to look a bit like \/__/ (i hope u know what i mean haha) , for the ppl know/seen the hella projectors for the focus, do they have the exact same beam pattern as mine? (like, not perfectly __/__/)
in the pass 3 years i've tried many times to adjust the beam, took out the projector to see if the shield is ok, also made sure that the projector light is set to left hand drive version, and it is still not perfectly __/__/ for the beam pattern. Is there anyway that i can adjust my left projector so that it becomes perfectly __/ ? or that's just the way it should be?

thanks a lot, any comments welcome =D

Some Night Shots - ZX3TUNR - 04-19-2005

i got the /___ patter on mine. what hid kit did you get. I plan on one day upgrading

ZX3TUNR,Apr 19 2005, 12:15 AM Wrote:i got the /___ patter on mine. what hid kit did you get. I plan on one day upgrading
[right][snapback]102596[/snapback][/right]

i have the McCulloch HID conversion kit! :)

btw, would u mine post a pic of your beam pattern on the wall ?

Some Night Shots - tdot-zx3 - 04-19-2005

Willy I like your car. :P ;)

Some Night Shots - Raine - 04-19-2005

Looks awesome bro! Love those HID's

tdot-zx3,Apr 19 2005, 12: Wrote:Willy I like your car.  :P  ;)
[right][snapback]102599[/snapback][/right]

is Willie :angry: :P

oh and i now remember that i promised ZX3TUNR to take some HID beam pattern pics for him last year :P , so here they are :lol:

Some Night Shots - ca_focus - 04-19-2005

I have that same beam too. When I was getting my halos fixed, the guy at the BMW dealership said that it was normal, they are supposed to look like that. Seems weird to me too. I've spent way too much time trying to adjust mine too.

Some Night Shots - Zoom - 04-19-2005

I have Hid's too... :ph34r:

Some Night Shots - AutoExe - 04-20-2005

HIDs rock!

Some Night Shots - BerinG - 04-20-2005

nice yelo! (Y-halo)

yeah we want more hids pics.. might eventually convince me into buying some..

i actually always wanted the Mach HID but they are just too expensive even used.. damn they look good though..

Some Night Shots - 2001 ZTS - 04-21-2005

My MACH's are ____/____/. I suspect your left projector (the entire housing) needs a slight twist CCW looking at it from the back. Not sure how it is configured on a Hella but it is only "off" a small amount, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for Mr. RHD HID's. :rolleyes: That is the sort of stuff that gives HID's such bad press and a potential ban like they are doing in the US. You aren't doing anyone here any favours.

Some Night Shots - NOS2Go4Me - 04-21-2005

My Silverstars have a beam pattern of ,|,, ,,|,

:P

J/k, that looks awesome man... and I thought MY bulbs were bright! :o :blink:

Some Night Shots - paolo - 04-21-2005

ya the left one looks a bit off, you may need to adjust the projector housing, then you will have a perfect upward splash. that cut-off is 10 times sharper than the one on my mach HID. I think because I have a glass lens over top the entire headlight, it makes the light less focused or something like that,

Some Night Shots - yeloZX3 - 04-21-2005

paolo,Apr 20 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:ya the left one looks a bit off, you may need to adjust the projector housing,  then you will have a perfect upward splash. that cut-off is 10 times sharper than the one on my mach HID.  I think because I have a glass lens over top the entire headlight, it makes the light less focused or something like that,
[right][snapback]102953[/snapback][/right]

hmm~~ i've already tried to move the housing CCW, and that was the most CCW that i can turn .... SIGH~~

or maybe some other ppl were correct, they said the hella projectors are supposed to have this beam pattern :unsure: