FocusCanada Forums
Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! (/showthread.php?tid=15414)

Pages: 1 2

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - focusonthis88 - 04-13-2005

I was wondering if OBX where any good...they sell them on ebay for a chip price..so im thinking there s**t but what do you guys think!

thx,Ric

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - ZX3TUNR - 04-13-2005

there not bad. either race header you get the egr is a bitch lol

only thing with these obx header there is a good chance you may get a bad one blah blah blah. where at fc or fs you know your getting qaulity.

spend the extra $$$ and do quality.

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - FociS8nt - 04-13-2005

i have the OBX full 1 piece race header and i have had no problems with it. The only problem I have had is the same one the focussport have and thats with the EGR tube its a BIATCH. I don't buy taht BS "spend the $$ get quality" more like spend the money and get the name :P lol

Up to you if you have the money to buy a focus sport then buy a focussport but I and another person i know love our obx and have not had any problems with their header. :D

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - ZX3TUNR - 04-13-2005

kids laughed at me when i only bought nike and not nike air :(

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - Flofocus - 04-13-2005

focusonthis_88,Apr 12 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:I was wondering if OBX where any good...they sell them on ebay for a chip price..so im thinking there s**t but what do you guys think!

thx,Ric
[right][snapback]101030[/snapback][/right]

Eric, hate to do this, but visit http://www.focaljet.com. Join, they have a HUGE database of users, much bigger than here, its just most of them are American, and well...Americans....yeah, nuff said. :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Go into their "Ztec Tuning" Forum to really find out who is using the OBX and if they've had any issues. A header is a pretty big purchase, so you want to get one that will last.

The headers are not for me. One of my friend, told me he was getting headers from ebay and they where OBX...so I was wondering if there worth the spending.

focusonthis_88,Apr 13 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:The headers are not for me.  One of my friend, told me he was getting headers from ebay and they where OBX...so I was wondering if there worth the spending.
[right][snapback]101173[/snapback][/right]

Another focus owner? :huh:

Flofocus,Apr 13 2005, 07:28 AM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Apr 13 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:The headers are not for me.  One of my friend, told me he was getting headers from ebay and they where OBX...so I was wondering if there worth the spending.

[right][snapback]101174[/snapback][/right]

ya, it's the Blue Zx3 with decals on the side and the silver trims on the fenders. He works a Rockland Tire.

focusonthis_88,Apr 13 2005, 08:36 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Apr 13 2005, 07:28 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]101174[/snapback][/right]

ya, it's the Blue Zx3 with decals on the side and the silver trims on the fenders. He works a Rockland Tire.
[right][snapback]101176[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes, he put on my khumo 712's. He was checking out my ride. Told me he just bought a Blue ZX3. Thats right Berin, a blue one....your not rare anymore!! haha.

Tell him to come by here and join. I already told him last year, but I think he thought I was on crack when I told him I was in a Focus car Club. :ph34r:

Does if have anything under the hood?

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - Guest - 04-14-2005

He does not have anything under the hood...He only has a Ractive cone like me. But he want's to change his headers. Well im getting a magnaflow probably...What is better the Borla or Magnaflow??

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - Flofocus - 04-14-2005

focusonthis88,Apr 13 2005, 11:39 AM Wrote:He does not have anything under the hood...He only has a Ractive cone like me.  But he want's to change his headers.  Well im getting a magnaflow probably...What is better the Borla or Magnaflow??
[right][snapback]101247[/snapback][/right]

Haha, oh boy...exhaust debate.

Quick compare from the exhuast shootout on FJ.

MAX HP/TRQ for Borla
116.9 HP
123.3 TQ
Idle Sound: 64db

MAX HP/TRQ for Magnaflow
116.2 HP
122.7 TQ
Idle sound: 63 db

Saying that, I love my Borla. That is what is on my car, and youve heard it already. B)

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - Guest - 04-14-2005

Flofocus,Apr 13 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:Haha, oh boy...exhaust debate.

Quick compare from the exhuast shootout on FJ.

MAX HP/TRQ for Borla
116.9 HP
123.3 TQ
Idle Sound: 64db

MAX HP/TRQ for Magnaflow
116.2 HP
122.7 TQ
Idle sound: 63 db

Saying that, I love my Borla.  That is what is on my car, and youve heard it already. B)
[right][snapback]101253[/snapback][/right]

Ya, I know but the magna flow is less expensive then the Borla... :)

I think you've already made up your mind then. ;)

They compare, I mean, from FJ's stats, your getting a .7 HP/.6TRQ increase with the Borla. I dont think you will notice that difference in driving the 2 different setups.

What I like about mine, is its 2.5" all the way, so if I want to open up ALL the piping(like I did for the turbo), I can go as wide as 2.5" all the way threw.

Im not sure, so dont quote me on it, but the Magnaflow is 2.25, isnt it?

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - ZX3TUNR - 04-14-2005

alright today I asked around for the OBX race header and the majority of the OBX guys have ran into probs with the engine light still coming on. Im not sure how that works but thats what I am told. The o2 sensors are in different locations when comparing the FS to the OBX. Not sure if thats just crack talk but ya.

the magnaflow is 2 1/4 inch all the way and is a super nice setup. Check out MBRP. Another nice setup for dirt cheap.

Obx Headers! Are They Good Or What! - focusonthis88 - 04-14-2005

Well, I think im going for the Magna Flow. Does someone here know when I can buy it in the Ottawa area for a good price?

Thx guys,

focusonthis_88,Apr 13 2005, 09:47 PM Wrote:Well, I think im going for the Magna Flow.  Does someone here know when I can buy it in the Ottawa area for a good price?

Thx guys,
[right][snapback]101432[/snapback][/right]

Id try TappAuto or Final Lap.

What about that gang of guys in rockland that were trying to start up something....Custum Techniqs or somehting like that.....cant those guys get you what your looking for.

Well, I think I'll probably buy it from Son X Plus in Rockland..because I bought my Body Kit there and my I.C.E so..I just want to find the best deal. And for Custom Technics, they don't have account yet with KeyStone.

focusonthis_88,Apr 14 2005, 08:27 AM Wrote:Well, I think I'll probably buy it from Son X Plus in Rockland..because I bought my Body Kit there and my I.C.E so..I just want to find the best deal.  And for Custom Technics, they don't have account yet with KeyStone.
[right][snapback]101548[/snapback][/right]

Which body kit did you get?

It's from http://www.onderground-design.com and it's the Drifter Model.

focusonthis_88,Apr 14 2005, 08:33 AM Wrote:It's from http://www.onderground-design.com and it's the Drifter Model.
[right][snapback]101551[/snapback][/right]

"The page cannot be displayed"
:unsure: