FocusCanada Forums
Amp Turn-on Wire - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Amp Turn-on Wire (/showthread.php?tid=15463)

Amp Turn-on Wire - Oscar The Grouch - 04-09-2005

I decided today, since it was soo nice outside and my frickin cold is pretty much beat, to install my old Alpine 300w amp and Pioneer 10" sub.

Anywho, so I get working on it, removed the stereo, hooked up the wires, and lo and behold, I notice that the Amp Turn-on wire has no connection in the car's wiring harness.

Amp--->Wire adapter--->wire harness(missing Amp Turn-on connection)

So now i'm up on my computer looking for any posts regarding fixing this problemo, but no luck so far. :iono:

I'm also looking at the stereo wire diagram in my Haynes manual for the Focus and I was thinkin about splicing the Acc wire (Yellow/Green wire), one lead to the stereo and another to the amp.

Arg... anyways, have any of you guys encountered this problem?

Amp Turn-on Wire - Oscar The Grouch - 04-10-2005

NM. I'll splice the acc wire.

Amp Turn-on Wire - skifreak69 - 04-10-2005

Yeah just splice the acc wire. I had to do that on one of my old decks, works fine.

Amp Turn-on Wire - paolo - 04-10-2005

I added the amp turn on wire into the factory wires, im at work now, but when i get home, I can tell you which wire I used, Hint, it was not in the harness, I had to insert it into an empty hole and join it to the existing wires.

Amp Turn-on Wire - NOS2Go4Me - 04-15-2005

Now that you've got your DEH-1300 in, I guess it's not an issue anymore eh? ;)

Amp Turn-on Wire - Oscar The Grouch - 04-15-2005

NOS2Go4Me,Apr 14 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Now that you've got your DEH-1300 in, I guess it's not an issue anymore eh? ;)
[right][snapback]101585[/snapback][/right]

Still gotta get the amp installed. I think I'll bring it to Shark to do all the wiring. God I hate ripping up carpet.... Well car carpet that is. ;)

Amp Turn-on Wire - microbunny - 04-16-2005

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 14 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Apr 14 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Now that you've got your DEH-1300 in, I guess it's not an issue anymore eh? ;)
[right][snapback]101585[/snapback][/right]

Still gotta get the amp installed. I think I'll bring it to Shark to do all the wiring. God I hate ripping up carpet.... Well car carpet that is. ;)
[right][snapback]101603[/snapback][/right]

Why are you ripping up carpet??? Just run your wires behind the trim...I don't understand why people insist on going the hardest way under carpetting@!? If you ever need a hand, let me know...I hate seeing people spend money at audio-shops for installs...seriously man, hit me up in pm or msn and I'll help you out so you can do it yourself at home....gauranteed....I even got pics and step-by-step diagrams ...

Amp Turn-on Wire - Oscar The Grouch - 04-17-2005

microbunny,Apr 16 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Why are you ripping up carpet??? Just run your wires behind the trim...I don't understand why people insist on going the hardest way under carpetting@!? If you ever need a hand, let me know...I hate seeing people spend money at audio-shops for installs...seriously man, hit me up in pm or msn and I'll help you out so you can do it yourself at home....gauranteed....I even got pics and step-by-step diagrams ...
[right][snapback]102011[/snapback][/right]

Crap. I got the system installed yesterday.

Although if ya do have the pictures and diagrams, it might be a nice little sticky for the ICE section to help anyone else.

Thanks nonetheless for the offer Microbunny. :)

Amp Turn-on Wire - microbunny - 04-17-2005

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 16 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Apr 16 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Why are you ripping up carpet??? Just run your wires behind the trim...I don't understand why people insist on going the hardest way under carpetting@!? If you ever need a hand, let me know...I hate seeing people spend money at audio-shops for installs...seriously man, hit me up in pm or msn and I'll help you out so you can do it yourself at home....gauranteed....I even got pics and step-by-step diagrams ...
[right][snapback]102011[/snapback][/right]

Crap. I got the system installed yesterday.

Although if ya do have the pictures and diagrams, it might be a nice little sticky for the ICE section to help anyone else.

Thanks nonetheless for the offer Microbunny. :)
[right][snapback]102020[/snapback][/right]

No worries dood..

glad to hear you got it all done!!