FocusCanada Forums
Idle Skrew..... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Idle Skrew..... (/showthread.php?tid=15543)

Idle Skrew..... - ANTHONYD - 04-02-2005

Where is it? and how do I adjust it. I have a feeling it will cure my reoccouring "sticky gas pedal."

Idle Skrew..... - Jaspher - 04-02-2005

ANTHONYD,Apr 1 2005, 05:30 PM Wrote:Where is it? and how do I adjust it. I have a feeling it will cure my reoccouring "sticky gas pedal."
[right][snapback]98318[/snapback][/right]

Can you feel the pedal stick down or the revs are just high?
if pedel is not stuck down it might be a tps problem.
tps comes with the whole tb assemply.
I forgot how much it cost me. part was like 250 plus labour.
got it done at shanahan ford. really good people there.
Mechanic that did mine was Archie, a very knowledgable guy.

Idle Skrew..... - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 04-02-2005

Stock throttle body?

I think its adjusted with a small allen key.

But raising the idle will just be corrected by the ECU afterawhile.

Idle Skrew..... - welding rod - 04-02-2005

There is no idle screw. Idle speed is computer controlled via an electrically controlled air valve. You can not change the idle speed without accessing the ECU
programming.

There is a throttle plate stop screw that seems to commonly be confused as an idle screw.

The throttle plate stop screw has the function of preventing the throttle plate from ever closing to the point that it binds up in the bore of the throttle body.

01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 1 2005 Wrote:Stock throttle body?

I think its adjusted with a small allen key. 

But raising the idle will just be corrected by the ECU afterawhile.
[right][snapback]98324[/snapback][/right]

I just replace my tb due to a faulty tps. I still want to raise my idle. I'm at 700-725rmp right now and I want it at 850rpm. Can this be adjusted by the allen key?

welding rod,Apr 1 2005, 05:46 PM Wrote:There is no idle screw.  Idle speed is computer controlled via an electrically controlled air valve.  You can not change the idle speed without accessing the ECU
programming.

There is a throttle plate stop screw that seems to commonly be confused as an idle screw.

The throttle plate stop screw has the function of preventing the throttle plate from ever closing to the point that it binds up in the bore of the throttle body.
[right][snapback]98325[/snapback][/right]

I guess I can't adjust mine then.

Ill take pictures of what I'm talking abput tomorrow.

My throttle sticks in the off position. As I'm pulling away, I can feel it stick. After looking closely at my TB ... I noticed my throttle cable has quite a bit of slack in it. I think If I get rid of this slack.... I'm golden. I think the cable is getting hitched up because of the slack.

ANTHONYD,Apr 1 2005, 09:58 PM Wrote:Ill take pictures of what I'm talking abput tomorrow.

My throttle sticks in the off position. As I'm pulling away, I can feel it stick. After looking closely at my TB ... I noticed my throttle cable has quite a bit of slack in it. I think If I get rid of this slack.... I'm golden. I think the cable is getting hitched up because of the slack.
[right][snapback]98380[/snapback][/right]

I think that slack is for safety. Mine have that too. All throttle cables have a bit of a slack.

Idle Skrew..... - ZX5focused - 04-02-2005

ANTHONYD,Apr 1 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:Ill take pictures of what I'm talking abput tomorrow.

i had this problem also, brought it in and the gave me a new throttle body.

ZX5focused,Apr 2 2005, 02:01 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Apr 1 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:Ill take pictures of what I'm talking abput tomorrow.

i had this problem also, brought it in and the gave me a new throttle body.
[right][snapback]98415[/snapback][/right]

I'm on my 3rd throttle body and my warrantee is done. I'd rather not take it into the dealer.

I think I just need to adjust the idle plate and I'm good.

I thought at first the cable with the threaded white end was adjustable...but after reaming on it, I realized it wasnt.