FocusCanada Forums
Removing Paint - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Removing Paint (/showthread.php?tid=15688)

Removing Paint - ZX3 in progress - 03-22-2005

Alright so I recently picked up a used front euro bumper (thanks Meford4u) and I need to strip the paint so that I can get it repainted for my car. This past weekend I started to try and do it. I used a automotive paint stripper in a spray can from Canadian Tire and well it didn't work too well. Now it did say that you should be in a area that is 21-35 degrees, and as you all know it aint that temp here, I was in my garage so it wasn't like it was - in there but not too warm as well. Any ideas on how to get this paint off so I can start to prep it for paint? Thanks in advance

Removing Paint - Flofocus - 03-22-2005

That stuff should work, and yes the temp it is in your garage is a big factor, well at least for fiberglass it is, that s**t wont dry unless you get it in the right heat. :angry:

When I stripped & repainted the Justy, I used pretty much the same stuff, except it was from walmart, I let it sit for about 45 min-1 hour on the car and scraped away. This was in the middle of summer tho.

Removing Paint - meford4u - 03-22-2005

I don't know if this will work for your application, but when I am stripping wood, to keep the product from drying out and continuing to strip the paint, I always use plastic wrap over the product to enhance it and slow the drying.

Removing Paint - _JC_ - 03-22-2005

did u really need to strip the paint?
cant u just sand it down and prime and paint