FocusCanada Forums
Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Heading For Mosport Tonight ... (/showthread.php?tid=1585)

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - ZTWsquared - 04-25-2009

I didn't want to drive around on the Azenis every day, so I waited until this aft to put on the new rims and tires ... so now except for headlight and taillight mods, I'm pretty much done.

[Image: Fusionrearquarter.jpg]

[Image: Fusionrim.jpg]

[Image: Fusiontrunklid.jpg]

[Image: FusionFrontquarter.jpg]

[Image: Fusionfront.jpg]

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - Focus man. Focus. - 04-25-2009

Looks really good Ken. I was wondering how the grill would lookand as it turns out, it looks great. The wheels look good on it aswell. Just needs a slight drop and you will be rockin.

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - ANTHONYD - 04-25-2009

[Image: sweetjesus.jpg]

WOW THAT LOOKS GOOD!

Love the grille.

And man, do those tires look sticky.

Focus man, Focus.,Apr 24 2009, 03:02 PM Wrote:Looks really good Ken.  I was wondering how the grill would lookand as it turns out, it looks great.  The wheels look good on it aswell.  Just needs a slight drop and you will be rockin.
[right][snapback]285800[/snapback][/right]

You mean another drop - LOL I've already put the Eibach pro-kit on it ... I think what you're seeing is the difference between the stock 225-50 wheel and the 225-45 I went with for the track ... but yeah, you're right - could go even lower. Unfortunately Eibach doesn't make the Sportline kit for Fusion - so my only option would be coil-overs.

Sticky - hell ya - picks up everything. Hopefully the track won't be too dirty.

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - NefCanuck - 04-25-2009

Nice setup you have there...

Now keep it in one piece on the track will ya? :lol:

NefCanuck

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - NikiterZTS - 04-25-2009

Looks nice

What's going on at Mosport tonight? What group?

NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 05:31 PM Wrote:Looks nice

[right][snapback]285812[/snapback][/right]

Greetings from Oshawa.

It's the BMW Club of Ontario - 2 full days on the long track - I'm doing 3 weekends like this one this year. Apparently only 12 of us signed up for this one so I should be getting lots of track time.

All the info here

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - Tiketz - 04-25-2009

Well hello there lol...Damn Ken the car looks good

keep up the good work

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - Focus man. Focus. - 04-25-2009

I frogot that you have the Pro-kit. With those tires there is quite the gap in the wheel well. Hope you have fun.

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - NikiterZTS - 04-25-2009

ZTWsquared,Apr 24 2009, 08:53 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Apr 24 2009, 05:31 PM Wrote:Looks nice

[right][snapback]285812[/snapback][/right]

Greetings from Oshawa.

It's the BMW Club of Ontario - 2 full days on the long track - I'm doing 3 weekends like this one this year. Apparently only 12 of us signed up for this one so I should be getting lots of track time.

All the info here
[right][snapback]285817[/snapback][/right]

Aahh I see.....sounds pricy but good practince none the less.
What do they consider "full day"? What are the hours?

And how was it tonight?

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - meford4u - 04-25-2009

Bring it by the shop and we'll send it through the booth and paint it the new metallic black.

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - NefCanuck - 04-26-2009

meford4u,Apr 25 2009, 08:34 AM Wrote:Bring it by the shop and we'll send it through the booth and paint it the new metallic black.
[right][snapback]285832[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Hey if you're offering that kinda service I certainly would take you up on that :lol:

NefCanuck

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - ZTWsquared - 04-27-2009

meford4u,Apr 25 2009, 08:34 AM Wrote:Bring it by the shop and we'll send it through the booth and paint it the new metallic black.

I don't see any smileys so I'm assuming this is on the level ... how many beers will this cost me ... or should I say how many cases of beer.

Just got back - awesome weekend. Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - NikiterZTS - 04-27-2009

ZTWsquared,Apr 26 2009, 05:57 PM Wrote:

Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.
[right][snapback]285886[/snapback][/right]

May I ask why it is such a secret for them for people not be able to take shots? :blink:

NikiterZTS,Apr 26 2009, 06:16 PM Wrote:

Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.

May I ask why it is such a secret for them for people not be able to take shots? :blink:
[right][snapback]285887[/snapback][/right]

The rationale they give us is that this is a "school" and not a competition ... and additionally there are people who don't want their cars shown on the internet ...

BTW - they are in fact a registered school and I get a tax receipt and everything ... based on my tax bracket, my $430 "course" only cost me $215 once I factor the tax benefit.

It seems kinda silly to me but they are really adamant about it and mention it often ... otherwise I would have used my new Vado HD for some in-car video ... but they say they'll kick anyone out who's caught taking video ... also the same for using any kind of timing equipment or g-force etc.

Kinda weird but oh well...at least you had fun.

How were the instructors? How did Fusion hold up?

NikiterZTS,Apr 26 2009, 07:14 PM Wrote:Kinda weird but oh well...at least you had fun.

How were the instructors? How did Fusion hold up?
[right][snapback]285897[/snapback][/right]

Instructors were excellent ... and they are all fast (we get 4 sessions with them in their car) ... the Fusion was frankly amazing ... the suspension worked great and the brakes were better than I could have hoped for ... having said that I think I was a bit under-tired - I should have gone for 235s instead of 225s.

I was really down on power compared to the other cars of course, but I was honestly faster than most in the corners - so with the passing rules they way they are I actually passed a lot of cars (if you catch up to a car in the corners, they must let you pass on the straight, even if they are faster in the straight) ... I definitely suprised a lot of the guys there and I had a lot of visitors checking out the car.

i know what you mean......i wish i grabed 235/40/R17

:(:(

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - ZX3_2NV - 04-29-2009

looks great Love the body colour grill and fog light surround

Heading For Mosport Tonight ... - meford4u - 04-29-2009

I don't see any smileys so I'm assuming this is on the level ... how many beers will this cost me ... or should I say how many cases of beer.

Just got back - awesome weekend. Technically we weren't allowed to take pics to I have just a couple from my cell phone. I will post up a separate thread.
I was kidding. Thought you might be able to figure out that the paint we use goes through a booth at over 180 Celcius.

That might cause some plastics to melt.

Might.

No smiley faces.