FocusCanada Forums
Just Saw This On Fj - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Just Saw This On Fj (/showthread.php?tid=15965)

Just Saw This On Fj - NOS2Go4Me - 02-19-2005

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...&fpart=all&vc=1

Holy crap... I want one!!!

Just Saw This On Fj - ANTHONYD - 02-19-2005

I think it's ghey.

It's a Focus for fukk sakes. :lol:

Just Saw This On Fj - NOS2Go4Me - 02-19-2005

I just found out the original idea was discontinued. That's too bad... and if a pickup can have a push-button start, why not a Focus? :huh:

I think it's a sweet idea... I've always wanted a push-button start. :)

Just Saw This On Fj - S2 - 02-19-2005

Those things were all over FF about 6 months ago..... I could find the link if you really want, I know there was some guy with a link to who was selling them (almost certain it was a euro thing).

Just Saw This On Fj - Flofocus - 02-19-2005

'bigman' can help you out. PM him, I havent seen him on the baord ina while tho...

Just Saw This On Fj - Zoom - 02-19-2005

Big whoop. I got one in my car. I bought the ignited push button starter.

get this, the key has to be in the ignition and clicked twice (the turn RIGHT before you turn the motor on, but where the heater and s**t still works) THEN you press the button to start the car.

Pretty useless if you ask me. I did it to match my other other ignited buttons/switches.

Just Saw This On Fj - hardk0re - 02-19-2005

I don't know if its really cool, like zoom said you need your key anyway and you need it in the ignition, and you need to turn it....why not turn it another little bit and start the car.

I say put the button there but hook it up to a fart machine, at least its going to do something that your car doesn't already do.

Just Saw This On Fj - tdot-zx3 - 02-19-2005

tsk tsk ... if you dont want to use the key anymore ... bypass the key ignition cylinder. Its quite simple.

But beware, it makes stealing your car really easy.

Just Saw This On Fj - Zoom - 02-19-2005

tdot-zx3,Feb 18 2005, 07: Wrote:tsk tsk ... if you dont want to use the key anymore ... bypass the key ignition cylinder. Its quite simple.

But beware, it makes stealing your car really easy.
[right][snapback]87392[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't sure if you could do that cause our cars have the chip in the key that is needed to send the signal to start the car too Dan.

But yeah even if I could I wouldn't do that.

1) smash window
2) push button
3) drive away

Uhmm.. no. Its ok.

Just Saw This On Fj - Focused - 02-19-2005

we sell the push button starts

$90+tax ...red, blue, green, yellow, clear

Just Saw This On Fj - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-19-2005

I've got a red one, had it before the became "cool".

I like it, thats all that matters.

Just Saw This On Fj - MAlby7 - 02-19-2005

Focused,Feb 18 2005, 05:14 PM Wrote:we sell the push button starts

[right][snapback]87421[/snapback][/right]

Anthony you never quit eh!

Just Saw This On Fj - Focused - 02-19-2005

MAlby7,Feb 18 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:
Focused,Feb 18 2005, 05:14 PM Wrote:we sell the push button starts

[right][snapback]87421[/snapback][/right]

Anthony you never quit eh!
[right][snapback]87427[/snapback][/right]

i can't help it! [Image: biggrin_upper.gif]

Just Saw This On Fj - guilty - 02-20-2005

In some thread linked from that FJ thread they talk about using a PATS system disabler (like what you'd use for a remote start system) and then some other messing around with the ignition cylinder.

For a street car that you want to be able to park somewhere and leave unattended it doesnt sound like a very good idea.

Just Saw This On Fj - DD1 - 02-20-2005

ZOOM,Feb 18 2005, 03:14 PM Wrote:Big whoop. I got one in my car. I bought the ignited push button starter.

get this, the key has to be in the ignition and clicked twice (the turn RIGHT before you turn the motor on, but where the heater and s**t still works) THEN you press the button to start the car.

Pretty useless if you ask me. I did it to match my other other ignited buttons/switches.
[right][snapback]87389[/snapback][/right]

ZOOM you have anything thats lights up

Just Saw This On Fj - NOS2Go4Me - 02-20-2005

guilty,Feb 19 2005, 02:40 PM Wrote:In some thread linked from that FJ thread they talk about using a PATS system disabler (like what you'd use for a remote start system) and then some other messing around with the ignition cylinder.

For a street car that you want to be able to park somewhere and leave unattended it doesnt sound like a very good idea.
[right][snapback]87638[/snapback][/right]

Nah I just wanted something that kicked over the car AFTER you turn the key to the ON position, as described by Zoom.

*shrugs* just trying to be different, but apparently he beat me to it :P

Just Saw This On Fj - Raine - 02-23-2005

it would be cool if it worked in such a way that if you have remote keyless, it would light up when you press the door unlock button, but otherwise be black with no visible writing... so it would look like a dummy cover for the 12v outlet... they had a stereo like that... think it was made by rockford.. anyway, would make the theft issue less apparent