FocusCanada Forums
New Bracket Sketch - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New Bracket Sketch (/showthread.php?tid=16033)

New Bracket Sketch - MAlby7 - 02-10-2005

I'm thinking of alternatives to my first design. Tell me what you guys think. I'm going to use two L brackets; one to bolt to the floor and one to bolt to the one in the floor. Then I'm going to mount the seat sliders that came with the seats to the second L bracket, then mount the seat to the sliders.

[Image: SEATBRACKETSKETCH.jpg]

New Bracket Sketch - tdot-zx3 - 02-10-2005

d00d you kill me. I figured this was done already... :P

Good luck. This design should work too. The support bracket is just gonna have a couple welds on it holding it in place right?

New Bracket Sketch - meford4u - 02-10-2005

I think we need an engineering degree to view this thread. I would just pay someone to install the dam seats and be done with it.

New Bracket Sketch - ZX5focused - 02-10-2005

looks good
question: High end CAD program or low end MS paint equivalent??

New Bracket Sketch - Penwraith - 02-10-2005

Looks like a Lap top drawing program from Etcha-sketch! :blink: :D

New Bracket Sketch - Blackzx3 - 02-10-2005

If you can make a true design with a program like solidworks including all measurements, the machine shop at humber on the first floor of the NX building can make it for you. You can even make a 3-d cad file and they could make you something on CNC.

New Bracket Sketch - MAlby7 - 02-11-2005

ZX5focused,Feb 10 2005, 01:20 AM Wrote:looks good
question: High end CAD program or low end MS paint equivalent??
[right][snapback]84905[/snapback][/right]

MS Paint Buddy!!!

Basicaly I was just looking for safety concerns. I was going to bolt the stock seatbelt into the angle iron and retain all the stafety things.

New Bracket Sketch - ZX3 Canuck - 02-17-2005

Keep in mind the floor isn't level in the Focus so you have to take that into account. I would just buy a Corbeau or Sparco seat base or contact these guys, they apparently make a custom one for the Focus http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com