FocusCanada Forums
Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit (/showthread.php?tid=16143)

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - NOS2Go4Me - 01-31-2005

OK guys, D-Day is approaching fast and I need to know what's available for DVD+-RW headunits. I'm looking to take all of my MP3s, burn them to a single (or 2, 3) DVD-RWs and take them around in the car.

A DVD screen that's attached to the unit would be nice, but is not necessary. A separate screen would be preferable, really.

I'm going to be checking out Pioneer Premiere stuff shortly, but would appreciate non-Pioneer pointers as well.

Thanks!

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - smith21 - 02-08-2005

you should look into pyle and lanzar. They all have the flip face screens and if you wanna go big and shinny, lanzar the touch screen :D , check them out tho, you might find something nice

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - focusonthis88 - 03-22-2005

Hey,

If you looking for a sperate Tv and Dvd receiver. I would go for a Alpine. I can get you one for like half price. The original price was like 4000$ now it's like 2000$. In my car I got the Pionneer Touch screen AVH-P6600DVD and I love it! There's alot of compagnies that sell I.C.E but stay with Pioneer, Alpine and Orion they are the best out there.

Alright, Chow

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - microbunny - 03-22-2005

focusonthis_88,Mar 21 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:Hey,

If you looking for a sperate Tv and Dvd receiver. I would go for a Alpine.  I can get you one for like half price. The original price was like 4000$ now it's like 2000$.  In my car I got the Pionneer Touch screen AVH-P6600DVD and I love it!  There's alot of compagnies that sell I.C.E but stay with Pioneer, Alpine and Orion they are the best out there.

Alright, Chow
[right][snapback]95303[/snapback][/right]

Clarion has 2 nice ones...mp3/cd/dvd/rw....etc..and a screen with 6 position tilt..., widescreen, letterbox, normal, ..

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - MAlby7 - 03-22-2005

Not because of anything but I would also stay away from Lanzar and Pyle. They're not companies known for their quality and durability. Go with either Pioneer, Alpine, or Clarion for headunit stuff!

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - scoobasteve - 03-22-2005

Get an IVA-D300... if you look around. you can find them at close out prices.

EDIT : Alpine IVA-D300

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - microbunny - 03-22-2005

MAlby7,Mar 21 2005, 01:19 PM Wrote:Not because of anything but I would also stay away from Lanzar and Pyle.  They're not companies known for their quality and durability.  Go with either Pioneer, Alpine, or Clarion for headunit stuff!
[right][snapback]95334[/snapback][/right]

Yeh, Lanzar and Pyle are cheap in price for a reason.... :rolleyes:

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - FociS8nt - 03-22-2005

I have seen Pyle and Lanzar in alot of Euro stereo comps and magazines. I currently have a set of 12 inch Pyle Legend subs and one of their amps being custom installed in my car. This is their high end stuff. Most stores seem to carry all their low end s**t, and thats what it is, is lowend. But almost every commpany makes lowend garbage. If you do some research you can find Pyle, and Lanzar (high end) is really good quality and worth the money if u can find it.

We sell it at my work and I am definatly impressed with alot of their products we bring in . Its not a case of "you get what you pay for". more of "Best bang for the buck"

Need Suggestions On A True Dvd-capable Headunit - NOS2Go4Me - 03-22-2005

Thanks for the input everyone, it was greatly appreciated. I've decided to hold off for now simply because we're too close to the wedding, and I'm still getting my MBRP in a couple of weeks. After that, it's "mods on hold" till after the end of May and we get back from the honeymoon :D

Towards the middle of July, depending on how the house hunting goes, we might get something then.