FocusCanada Forums
Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? (/showthread.php?tid=16183)

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - zx3demon - 01-24-2005

There is a lot of them, so what is better ?

AEM
FORD RACING
FOCUSSPORT
FOCUS CENTRAL

If you have anyway information... :D

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Zoom - 01-24-2005

If it doesn't include a crank pulley its garbage

ie: AEM

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Raine - 01-24-2005

Focus Central 2 piece (even 3 piece if you can find one) is generally accepted as the standard, however people have reported the Ford Racing/Esslinger pulley to be good as well. Personally, I have the FC set waiting for a nice warm day in April to go in.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - yeloZX3 - 01-24-2005

before focus central came out their 2piece/3piece pulley kit... the best udp (crank pulley) was said to be the AF/X one.. (most HP gain)

but now i assume is the focus central setup (correct me if i'm wrong)

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - ZX3TUNR - 01-24-2005

Focus Central..

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - S2 - 01-25-2005

yeloZX3,Jan 24 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:before focus central came out their 2piece/3piece pulley kit... the best udp (crank pulley) was said to be the AF/X one.. (most HP gain)

[right][snapback]80430[/snapback][/right]

Very very much agreed. I've also heard of people having problems with the FC 2 piece with their A/C in summer, overheating the car.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - 2001 ZTS - 01-25-2005

I had the AFX on for 8 months now without any charging or cooling issues. I had a bunch of mods done all at once so can't say how much the UDP alone contributed but it is much better than before.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Flofocus - 01-25-2005

2001 ZTS,Jan 24 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:I had the AFX on for 8 months now without any charging or cooling issues. I had a bunch of mods done all at once so can't say how much the UDP alone contributed but it is much better than before.
[right][snapback]80468[/snapback][/right]

I have the AFx. Great little mod.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - zx3demon - 01-25-2005

Overheating the car : the engine is too hot or the A/C is throwing hot air inside ???
(usually I speak french :D)

If I don't have A/C, it won't change anything for me ...

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - 2001 ZTS - 01-25-2005

zx3demon,Jan 24 2005, 03:52 PM Wrote:Overheating the car : the engine is too hot or the A/C is throwing hot air inside ???
(usually I speak french :D)

If I don't have A/C, it won't change anything for me ...
[right][snapback]80481[/snapback][/right]

Its an underdrive pulley, it makes the water pump, alternator and a/c compressor turn less than normal.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Focus Is Art - 01-25-2005

I have the FC one for 2-3yrs now, still having the same battery. I will say just get whatever brand you like, they're almost the same.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Vassili95 - 02-14-2005

• AFX here!<>
    [st]
    Peace...

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - ZX3TUNR - 02-14-2005

I have a 2 peice Focus Central and I am actually taking them off and putting the stock ones back on. There was a big diff.

I never use my A/C anyway though. Even on +40 days. I miss heat :(. The fealing of touching a super hot shift knob. So hot in the car your back sticks to the seat. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH come back summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - dBlast - 02-14-2005

I have the Focus Central 2 pcs and found no problem with it during the summer. :)

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-15-2005

yeloZX3,Jan 24 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:before focus central came out their 2piece/3piece pulley kit... the best udp (crank pulley) was said to be the AF/X one.. (most HP gain)

[right][snapback]80430[/snapback][/right]

I'm also a pre FC guy with a AFX setup.

Best Underdrive Pulley Kit? - Zoom - 02-15-2005

Ford Racing.