FocusCanada Forums
Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff (/showthread.php?tid=16209)

Pages: 1 2

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Zoom - 01-21-2005

Ok, I have had these since the summer time and I have noticed since then that every time I brake, I hear a low rumbling kinda noise. well maybe not rumbling, but the brakes are sure as hell not whisper quiet. Now could I have installed them wrong? like brake rotors are pretty much an on off kinda job. I notice a lot more noise now in the winter time as well than I did back in the summer. In the summer i noticed more of a "ssshhhhhhhh" noise. like something skimming across a suface, Really hard to describe unless you have riden in my car. But is there anything that I should have looked for? I notice NO performace loss, I stop very well, no loud or really wierd noises. But there is some consistant noise, that I am not sure of, but could they just be that I have different rotors and the slots + xdrilled is what causes them compared to flat stock rotors?

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Flofocus - 01-21-2005

A freind of mine just changed his rotors & pads to something similar to your setup on his RSX and he says they make way more noise than his stockers.

He had them installed by Acura in Hull.

WTF happened the other night? Toilet f uckin eat you?

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - dBlast - 01-21-2005

Could it be your rear drums? I notice that my brakes are noisier in the winter time. Not sure whether it's the front or the back or both. Then in the summer the sound goes away. :blink:

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - mo_focus - 01-21-2005

could it be the holes are rusting and it rubbing a bit? i had the same problem with noice last year and what i did was to use a same DIA drill and drill the holes out :). i hear the noise again but its winter and obviosuly there is lot more water and rust.

Hope this helps.

Lates Mo

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - MAlby7 - 01-21-2005

I hear a squeaking noise in the winter coming out of my rear drums, but as soon as it heats up the sound disapears.

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - hardk0re - 01-21-2005

Mine make a horrible noise i've got the exact same setup. Its quiet until the brakes heat up, then the grinding is noticable. I've examined them a few times, i've had licenced machanics and even ford techs look at them..theres nothing wrong with the brake system or the way they are installed...

I'll be going back to stock rotors/kvr pads in the summer...

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Raine - 01-21-2005

I've got brembo cross drilled rotors... they make noise when braking... more than stock. I think it's just the air being compressed into the holes and then escaping when they clear the caliper...

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - NOS2Go4Me - 01-21-2005

Something to do with the cold and the salt/water solution that's coating most major roads these days?

Hearing this is making me scared of a brake upgrade :(

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - ThraxXx - 02-06-2005

NOS2Go4Me,Jan 20 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:Something to do with the cold and the salt/water solution that's coating most major roads these days?

Hearing this is making me scared of a brake upgrade :(
[right][snapback]79894[/snapback][/right]

I am with you on that...staying with stock breaks. besides, my car isn't fast enough to justify brake upgrades.

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Zoom - 02-07-2005

Stock brakes make way to much dust. :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - ThraxXx - 02-07-2005

ZOOM,Feb 6 2005, 10:18 AM Wrote:Stock brakes make way to much dust.  :thumbsdownsmileyanim:
[right][snapback]83752[/snapback][/right]

Stock Steelie rims show no dust :headbang:

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - naz - 02-07-2005

hawk hps are as cheap as stock and make a lot less dust

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - 01-yellow-ZX3 - 02-07-2005

naz,Feb 6 2005, 12:52 PM Wrote:hawk hps are as cheap as stock and make a lot less dust
[right][snapback]83810[/snapback][/right]

Yah, I'm loving me Hawk HPS pads. They create virtually 0 brake dust.

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - NOS2Go4Me - 02-07-2005

And we buy those where? :)

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - smith21 - 02-08-2005

yea...cuase my stock steel rims along with the stock brakes show alot of brake dust...so where can i get me a set of these :D

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Flofocus - 02-08-2005

I have KVR pads. they dont dust much either.

PI carries them I'm pretty sure. In Ottawa, you can go see Robsons Racing...

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Zoom - 02-08-2005

:ph34r:

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Focus Is Art - 02-09-2005

my 3yrs old mintex/cross drilled and slotted rotors combo make noise since day one, the hard I brake to loud it get. But I kind of like it. :D

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - Drivesthebeast - 08-31-2005

Well, from what I've been told by many people, is that cross drilled and slotted rotors only work properly, or have a benefit over stock when they are at full operating temperature, and to get to that temperature, you have to drive the car on a track, or like its stolen. Sure the drilled holes and stuff help reduce heat, but you only want that when pushing the limit, not under stop and go, or normal driving conditions. Heat is caused by friction anyways right? That's a good thing, because the friction makes you lose inertia and be able to stop. I think I'll just get some EBC or Hawk Pads and keep buying stock rotors for the time being until I can afford to buy bigger wheels to fit larger calipers and rotors into...

Ebc Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors + Green Stuff - french_connection - 08-31-2005

:blink: like 6 month after the last answer and he bust this 1000 words essay... :lol: :lol: :lol: