FocusCanada Forums
Autoloc Door Poppers?! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Autoloc Door Poppers?! (/showthread.php?tid=16210)

Autoloc Door Poppers?! - SL8RZZX3 - 01-21-2005

Thinking about buying shaved door handle kit.

But need some help. Lots of questions!

Is 50lb kit too much for our doors?

Can it be tied in with factory keyless entry or do I need the kit with remotes?

How hard are they to upgrade? Also planning on having the remotes open /close windows and sunroof.

any help/suggestion would be great!

thanx

Autoloc Door Poppers?! - redsvtfocus - 01-21-2005

I have 35 pound ones in my truck..and they suck!!!
go for the 50 pound ones..better to have more than less...and also..I dont use the poppers itself...the ones that push the door outside...cause you never know and may hit a car on the side or so...the power of the thing itself its enough to pull the door by yourself.
If you dont put the emergency opener...I'll say go for the alarm module that opens the window totally...bad for winter days but safe against thieves...they all know where to look for the emergency button..!

Dont know who's installing them..so dont know about upgrading them..but go for 50 pounds...

Dont think you can use the stock remote.
Get an alarm that has more than 4 functions...like a top of the line one from whoever.....I have Ungo from Clarion and love it..others will say so from Clifford/Viper, and all others, any good alarm and the modules that open/close things will make the job.

GOOD LUCK... and get a good installer to mess around with your electrical stuff!!!
enjoy..they are fun to have and use

Autoloc Door Poppers?! - tdot-zx3 - 01-21-2005

25 pound ones are barely enough for the focus doors. I tried testing. Id say go with the 50...

Autoloc Door Poppers?! - SL8RZZX3 - 01-21-2005

Thanx for the info guys! very helpful!

I talked to a guy a stereo shop today while my buddy was getting his deck installed and he said that he could run them off the stock keyless entry "for now" and sell me the solenoids for $80 bucks each. And when i'm ready to upgrade to the other features, windows/sunroof, to go with a good 12 function alarm also. B)

Autoloc Door Poppers?! - SL8RZZX3 - 01-23-2005

I ended up getting Autolc 50 lb kit with 7 channel remote keyless for $162.00 cdn off Ebay!

It's like $300 cheaper then on the Canadian website store.autoloc.ca!

B) B)

Autoloc Door Poppers?! - brucktown - 01-24-2005

i don't have door poppers but i have remote windows, they go up or down using a button on my alarm keyremote. my buddy install the window moduals when he put in my alarm. The windows were done for i think 35$ per window. On his car he has the sunroom remote too.