FocusCanada Forums
Non-foci...speakers For Chev P/u - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Non-foci...speakers For Chev P/u (/showthread.php?tid=16278)

Non-foci...speakers For Chev P/u - Drivesthebeast - 01-07-2005

Ok, let's see...My family has a 1977 Chevrolet Silverado Special 10, with air, cruise, tilt, and buckets with a console. The truck has never had a radio in it since we've owned it, but I rencently aquired a 1984 Delco 4ch am/fm/cassette radio with a digital tuner (an original shaft-style radio from a Silverado), fully rebuilt and warrantied by a local car audio shop. Now, the thing is, we've got like 30 year old blaupunkt 4x6's in the bottom front of the doors which were wired with lamp cord, and were blown/seized years ago. Since there are already holes cut out of the steel in the door, and I want to re-use the holes (willing to go bigger for bigger speakers), but my parents wanna spend very little on putting speakers in the truck. I've already looked at places like cash converters and whatnot, and there wasn't really anything available with grilles in either a 5x7, or 6x9 that was under 100 bux (and in decent shape still). The best deal I've seen so far ar the 6x9's sold at canadian tire for $69.99. They sound good and come with grilles, mounting hardware and speaker wire too. I just wonder if there are any other deals out there for a decent speaker. I figure that 6x9's would be the size to go with since they will be the only speakers for now. Or maybe 6.5" to replace the 4x6's....what do you think? Any suggestions? We are likely going to add a self-powered bazooka tube to the truck later this year...

Non-foci...speakers For Chev P/u - mo_focus - 01-07-2005

to be honest with you the best i have seen for cheap speakers are the AC delco that comes original with GM's. they are good and they have good base in them. you can usually pick them up from any wreckers for less then 25 for a pair used. other places to look is maybe XS Cargo, and future shop when they have a sale of cheap speakers. you can also go a stereo shop ans ask them if they have any used 6X9's you have lots of choices and as for aprice you should be able to get something really cheap.

going off topic? are you with the military? if so have u ever been to Bosnia, i was with Roto 13 last year. maybe you know some of the guys?

goodluck with your search

Mo

ps here is the link for XS cargo
http://www.xscargo.com/

Non-foci...speakers For Chev P/u - MAlby7 - 01-07-2005

There's always:

http://www.ebay.ca

http://www.torontostreetracing.com (check out the car audio for sale section)

Non-foci...speakers For Chev P/u - Drivesthebeast - 01-08-2005

Well, after looking at different prices/deals around, I bought the KOSS 6x9's from Canadian Tire. They only cost $85 Bux after taxes, came with grilles/wires/owners manual/etc, and they sound GOOD. I am amazed that they were the cheapest 6x9's that crappy tire sells, and they sounded the best. I think I might attempt putting them in myself this wkd...

Thanks for the Advice everyone!

And yes to your question Mo Focus...I am in the Army, Reg Force, and I am going to Afghanistan for roto 3 of Op Athena for 6 months...