FocusCanada Forums
Optima Batteries - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Optima Batteries (/showthread.php?tid=16301)

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-02-2005

Since most of us are going to need a new battery come spring, they are having a discount at Price Club that runs from Jan. 17th to the end of the month.

A great battery for the price.

Optima Batteries - ZX3 in progress - 01-03-2005

Do you know what price they are offering for them? I was there on Thursday and there were none out just a display in the auto dept. and when I inquired on the price the girl told me she wasn't sure but she thought they were about $400?? This was for the Red Top.

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-03-2005

Wow, that would be an outrageous price, but I think she's a little off on the price. I will check this week when I am there.
You can pick one up on the Us side of the border for around $100US, so it must be in the 150-175 Can range.
Costco is offering $31 off from Jan.17-23 for those interested.

That info is for the red top 75/35

Optima Batteries - SVTZX503 - 01-03-2005

You can buy them at Walmart for $158 . We got one for Tyler's car but would have to buy cable extender or new cables to make it work so we returned it.

Optima Batteries - SL8RZZX3 - 01-03-2005

I picked up my yellow top for $225 with tax from Sam's club.

then i took out the battery tray and made my own, but i've heard that they just fit but the cover won't fit back on.

Optima Batteries - ZX3 in progress - 01-03-2005

Ya I didn't think she knew what she was talking about, cause I knew they didn't cost that much. I think my battery is going so I'll probably be picking one of these up anyways somewhere along the line!

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-03-2005

$158 sounds about right............And the cover............WHAT COVER?

It would get tossed anyway.

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-04-2005

$153 before taxes and rebate for the red top at Costco..

Optima Batteries - SLIP STREAM SVT - 01-05-2005

what's the best optima battery for the focus? i don't have any ICE but just want a better battery! iwhich is the best yellow, red, etc..???

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-05-2005

The red top is fine and it fits too,

Optima Batteries - ZX3 in progress - 01-06-2005

When looking at the Optima site the only battery listed for the focus is the red top. So if I yellow fits you probably have to do some work. I'm gonna be picking up a red top in the next few weeks.

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-19-2005

Since you fuktards are so forgetful, here's a reminder about the battery sale this week. I noticed they only had 2 left locally where there were 10 last week. Get 'em while there hot!

Optima Batteries - ZX3 in progress - 01-19-2005

how much are they on sale for? When I checked 2 weeks ago they were $150 or so.

Optima Batteries - Drivesthebeast - 01-19-2005

All of Optimas's products are simply boat/marine batteries with their name on it, making them a premium priced item...you can buy a boat battery for 1/2 the price, with the same specs and technology. Was told this by my uncle who owns a commercial battery supply business (and who also happens to sell optima batteries too)...

Optima Batteries - meford4u - 01-20-2005

ZX3 in progress,Jan 19 2005, 04:05 AM Wrote:how much are they on sale for? When I checked 2 weeks ago they were $150 or so.
[right][snapback]79548[/snapback][/right]

$31 off of the regular price of $152

And yes, that is somewhat true that they are a relative of the marine deep cycle battery. That is why they work so well as a deep cycle battery for the car.