FocusCanada Forums
Usb Fm Transmitter - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Usb Fm Transmitter (/showthread.php?tid=16639)

Usb Fm Transmitter - j3rt - 10-26-2004

Just picked up this little unit. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...15467&CatId=107

It's actually not too bad, the reception is quite clear, and the signal volume is decent in the car.
Using with the computer is different though, too much electrical interference. It's garbage.
Anyways, it's an inexpensive way to use you ipod/mp3 player in the car.

Usb Fm Transmitter - mo_focus - 11-20-2004

j3rt,Oct 26 2004, 02:17 AM Wrote:Just picked up this little unit. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...15467&CatId=107

It's actually not too bad, the reception is quite clear, and the signal volume is decent in the car.
Using with the computer is different though, too much electrical interference.  It's garbage.
Anyways, it's an inexpensive way to use you ipod/mp3 player in the car.
[right][snapback]67275[/snapback][/right]

i have the IPOD and i use the I-TRIP, its crap too, useless and it cost me i think 40.00 so dont get it. i guess the best way is to find a CD player with Audio inputs. and hard wire it in

Usb Fm Transmitter - j3rt - 11-20-2004

Oh i don't think this unit is bad in the car, it's actual OK, it's at home that is sucks balls.

Usb Fm Transmitter - Blackzx3 - 11-20-2004

Depending on the deck that you have all you need is an adapter for you aux. in that will allow you to bring in rca inputs. I know pioneer and alpine have them, not sure about the other manufactures.

Usb Fm Transmitter - j3rt - 11-22-2004

Priceless, i checked the tigerdirect website for the little review i wrote on the product. It wasn't damning or angry, it was thoughtful and honest. I do like the unit.
Well it never made it past their moderator, it ain't there.

Usb Fm Transmitter - GlennH - 12-03-2004

j3rt,Nov 21 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:Priceless, i checked the tigerdirect website for the little review i wrote on the product.  It wasn't damning or angry, it was thoughtful and honest.  I do like the unit.
[right][snapback]70907[/snapback][/right]
yeah all you need is AUX input on the deck... and rca to headphone cable and ta daa.

Usb Fm Transmitter - j3rt - 12-06-2004

GlennH,Dec 3 2004, 12:55 PM Wrote:
j3rt,Nov 21 2004, 06:37 PM Wrote:Priceless, i checked the tigerdirect website for the little review i wrote on the product.  It wasn't damning or angry, it was thoughtful and honest.  I do like the unit.
yeah all you need is AUX input on the deck... and rca to headphone cable and ta daa.
[right][snapback]72630[/snapback][/right]

that's assuming I've spent the money for a new HU.
tadaa, spent $150 and got a new deck, or
tadaa, spent $20 and got the same result.

Usb Fm Transmitter - Raine - 12-10-2004

We at rogers are offering an MP3 player when you sign up on certain plans. It has a built in transmitter. Being that it holds about 30 songs, it's pretty cool. I got one, and I use it in the car and at home. Providing you can get a station that doesn't have much signal on it (the transmitter has a range of 87.7 - 88.9 fm), the reception is crystal clear. It's easier than burning CD's, has a headphone jack, is rechargable, and has a built in equalizer with 8 presets. Cool little unit, and works well on the home radios as well (i.e. I have a dvd surround sound system and it works perfectly on it, no interference at all). Why waste money on a deck with aux in when you can get something like that free by signing up for a phone?

The other good thing about this unit is that it has a built in USB connector, and can double as a flash drive for storing files. If any of you need a new cell phone plan and wanna take advantage of these little toys while I stil have them, bug me.

[Image: MP3_Player.jpg]

Usb Fm Transmitter - GlennH - 12-16-2004

j3rt,Dec 6 2004, 03:04 AM Wrote:
GlennH,Dec 3 2004, 12:55 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]72630[/snapback][/right]

that's assuming I've spent the money for a new HU.
tadaa, spent $150 and got a new deck, or
tadaa, spent $20 and got the same result.
[right][snapback]72983[/snapback][/right]

you are correct... everything is pending on the stock HU or the aftermarket HU the person has. taadaa :P