FocusCanada Forums
Angle Grinder Metal Sparks - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Angle Grinder Metal Sparks (/showthread.php?tid=1676)

Angle Grinder Metal Sparks - cornflakes - 04-14-2009

got a last minute question that just occurred to me.

When i angle grind a metal piece on the car and it produces all those
pretty sparks (which i believe is actually flying pieces of metal)...do i need to
vacuum up the ground before driving? I don't want to have millions of metal splinters in my tires or am i assuming incorrectly?

(btw its the 1st time im about to use the angle grinder in my life so im gonna be as careful as i can).

Angle Grinder Metal Sparks - ZTWsquared - 04-14-2009

cornflakes,Apr 13 2009, 07:49 PM Wrote:got a last minute question that just occurred to me.

When i angle grind a metal piece on the car and it produces all those
pretty sparks (which i believe is actually flying pieces of metal)...do i need to
vacuum up the ground before driving?  I don't want to have millions of metal splinters in my tires or am i assuming incorrectly?

(btw its the 1st time im about to use the angle grinder in my life so im gonna be as careful as i can).
[right][snapback]284874[/snapback][/right]

I don't think they will harm tires, but you don't want to be tracking them into the house either.

If you're doing a lot of grinding, then yes you should pick up the metal bits ... but I'm not sure I'd vacuum them up (not good for the vacuums motor/fan) ... get yourself one of those magnets on a broom stick to pick them up

Angle Grinder Metal Sparks - ANTHONYD - 04-14-2009

sweep up a hand full and wank it.

Angle Grinder Metal Sparks - Canadian ST - 04-14-2009

I would collect as much as possible, the price for scrap metal is going up again.

Angle Grinder Metal Sparks - euro_zx5 - 04-15-2009

Even a magnetic sweeper! :)