FocusCanada Forums
New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp (/showthread.php?tid=17038)

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - S2 - 08-26-2004

To cut the story short, the MBRP catback that I ordered was shipped and the exhaust tip was bent. Anyway, I contacted Eric at MBRP and told him the whole problem, he told me he would send me a new exhaust tip (the new designed one) and a piece of pipe to extend the new tip out past my Wings West body kit free of charge. I got it in the mail today, it's very similar to the Magnaflow tip, awesome quality and really heavy, you can tell it's solid.... pics below....

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/S2Steeda/Focus%20Websites/Picture002.jpg'>[Image: Picture002.jpg]

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/S2Steeda/Focus%20Websites/Picture004.jpg'>[Image: Picture004.jpg]

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - Raine - 08-26-2004

Looks good mang! Glad they took care of you. Did they wait till they received the original one before sending the second?

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - S2 - 08-26-2004

No, they told me to just chuck it out. Basically I told them my situation and Eric (awesome customer service) from MBRP shipped me out this new tip, plus I told him I had an 'issue' with the MBRP tip (old one) or the whole catback in general clearing my Wings West kit. Basically the end of the tip ended up being about an inch and a half underneath the kit so the exhaust fumes would eventually discolor the paint. Anyway, he also sent me a 12&quot; piece of pipe, flanged to fit over the 2-1/4&quot; pipe after the muffler shop will cut off the old tip. Basically that will give me enough play to move the tip outwards to clear the kit properly. Extremely happy, should have it mounted on my car tomorrow after work, hopefully.... will post pics sometime soon, don't have a digital camera so it sucks.....

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - ZX3TUNR - 08-26-2004

jarrod should do that

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - FociS8nt - 08-26-2004

yeah my tip is dented too..... :o

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - MAlby7 - 08-26-2004

Looks a lot like the Magnaflow Tip!

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - Paparoach - 08-26-2004

MAlby7,Aug 26 2004, 08:13 AM Wrote:Looks a lot like the Magnaflow Tip!
My thoughts exactly.

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - paolo - 08-26-2004

looks nice! *thumbsup* to MBRP!

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - scoobasteve - 08-26-2004

Hmmmm, i have that tip on my svt exhaust, but it doesnt say mbrp &lt;_&lt;

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - Jays2000ZX3 - 08-27-2004

I hope you go to a good exhaust shop that can weld stainless steel.

I would be sad for you if they welded with regular wire and the welds would rust out on you. :(

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - ZX3TUNR - 08-27-2004

Jays2000ZX3,Aug 26 2004, 07:14 AM Wrote:I hope you go to a good exhaust shop that can weld stainless steel.

I would be sad for you if they welded with regular wire and the welds would rust out on you. :(
this is Sask. Us farm boys know how to do are sheat.....

New Redesigned Tip - Mbrp - S2 - 08-29-2004

Yeah I asked them that, no worries. Got the tip on yesterday, took pics today, will post them up on Monday.