FocusCanada Forums
Gasket Maker? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Gasket Maker? (/showthread.php?tid=17226)

Gasket Maker? - Flofocus - 07-20-2004

I was talking to Lance at JGS in regards to some missing Gaskets and he mentioned not to waste my time looking for the ones I mentioned. He mentioned some stuff that is in a liquid form that you can make your own :huh: I know he told me what kind but cant remeber now....

Anybody know wtf he's talking about? :lol:

Gasket Maker? - paolo - 07-20-2004

I bought some stuff from Crappy tire last month, its a tube of back paste, and its not suppost to dry fully, so it can seal just like a gasket would. Be warned, do not get this stuff on your hands, it is a Bitch to clean off. I actually have a whole tube left, that I dont need, if u want it man, you can have it off me.

Gasket Maker? - tdot-zx3 - 07-20-2004

Flo ... dont do it.

Gasket Maker? - Flofocus - 07-20-2004

tdot-zx3,Jul 19 2004, 04:07 PM Wrote:Flo ... dont do it.
You ususally have an explanation after a statement like that :lol: :P

Gasket Maker? - tdot-zx3 - 07-20-2004

Lets just say that stuff has given me major headackes in the past.

To rely on it on an engine where your piecing together turbo parts .. i wouldnt ever. Not worth the hassle when stuff goes wrong.

Gasket Maker? - naz - 07-20-2004

i used some of that when i put my car back to stock.. where the cat means the manifold and the flexible pipe.. after a few days i started hearing exhaust leak sounds.. i'm pretty sure its from the lack of gasket

just pony up the $$ for an actual gasket

Gasket Maker? - BerinG - 07-20-2004

can't you buy some type of gasket sheet.. and just cut threw it with the dremmel? that should work.. but then again.. exhaust side is pretty fuken hot